Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor tchang
New Contributor

Bad internet and extremely bad service from optus

My adsl2 has been on and off for the past few weeks. Avg 0.08mbps to 3mbps. Most of the time is Uber 1mbps.  Optus sent a Telstra technician over to fix it. It jumped to 3 mbps for only 2 days. Have been talking to several optus reps over the past week, no actions were taken. Have been trying to call optus, and it ranges from 45 to 60 mins waiting period. Tried live chat, been getting I will be right with you message every 2 mins for over 50mins and still no one talks to me.  Don’t see optus getting this slow to charge me when it’s time to pay. Why do I have to put up this unbelievable bad service from optus? Btw, a case has been raised and the case number is 70509

Tags (1)
4 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor toady
New Contributor

Re: Bad internet and extremely bad service from optus

I live at Granville NSW and had no internet, ADSL, yesterday nor today, so far. Modem has two green lights on steadily, one flickering, one not on at all. I have tried turning off, waiting for slow count of 30 seconds, turning back on. Same pattern of green lights, no internet. I've tried phoning but the menus just go around and around. Because I'm listening carefully and [unwilingly] repeatedly, it becomes apparent that business interests take priority. That's a double worry; I'm personal use only but hope to run a small business from home in the second half of 2018. So: 1.   How to get through to Optus? and 2.   How do I cope later in the year? 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'm sorry you both have had such a tough time getting in touch. @tchang, I'm not quite sure about the reference number you've been given. Fault reference numbers are eight digits long and begin with the number one.

@toady, an outage notification hasn't been broadcast on our Network status page http://yesopt.us/networkstatus?

You're both welcome to send us a private message with your account details. I'll need either the account number or service number/username. We'll check if there has been any progress. If nothing has been logged, I'm happy to cover off a few diagnostics and see how we're looking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor shellwill7
New Contributor

How do we send a private message to you? I am also experiencing extremely bad customer service & have not had internet for 3 days!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Hey @shellwill7 - we've responded to your original thread. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos