Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
bharris86
New Contributor
New Contributor

BYOD - [FTTP] USG Pro4 Router connection

bharris86_0-1620275150991.png

Hi,

I need some help with my home connection.

It seems that I can't get internet with my own hardware or haven't been advised of the correct information on how to connect.

I move ISP's from (Exetel - PPPOE to Optus  - IPOE).

With Exetel, I only needed my username and password in the USG for it to connect.

When looking at online forums, it suggests to change the wan connection to DHCP and that's it.

upon making these changes the iternet seems not to work.

I have found a work around by plugging in the Optus modem then using the lan port on the modem to connect to my wan port located on the USG.

The issue doing this is that all the ports that I have configured for my server no longer work and I can't log into the ubiquity app as it's being blocked by the Optus modem.

Can someone please let me know how i can setup the connection with Optus using a USG pro.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
bharris86
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: BYOD - [FTTP] USG Pro4 Router connection

bharris86_0-1620279314602.png

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hi @bharris86, have you spoken to our technical teams yet? If not, I recommend sending our techs a message via the My Optus App or our Messaging page. They'll be able to assist you with this from there. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@bharris86 wrote:

When looking at online forums, it suggests to change the wan connection to DHCP and that's it.

That all that's necessary for Optus FTTP.

If its working when the Optus router is connected I can only assume that your devices have their gateway set to 192.168.0.1 (which is the Optus router default) instead of 192.168.1.1 (which is the USG default from what I can tell).

0 Kudos
bharris86
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ha,

I have been on with them all this time and just have been redirected 4 times so far regarding this

All in the same chat

Info
 at 15:08, May 6:
You're connected to Clarissa, who’s reviewing your conversation history. They’ll send a message when they have a response.

Info
 at 15:37, May 6:
You’ll be connected to an expert shortly.

Info
 at 15:37, May 6:
You are now connected to Glen in our Sales Team who is looking into your request and will reply shortly.

Info
 at 15:43, May 6:
To protect your privacy please close this window when finished. Learn more: optus.com.au/privacy

Info
 at 15:44, May 6:
You're connected to Hela, who is looking into your request and will respond shortly.

0 Kudos
bharris86
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks mate for the reply,

But I have tried this by changing the USG to DHCP

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Have you set/checked the gateway IP address on any of your devices, or are all your devices set to use DHCP as well?

Also, can you provide a screenshot of the USG page showing the DHCP setting to see what othere setting are on that page.
0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@bharris86You probably have more network experience than the Optus support techs based on your network diagram.

If after doing the checks @YetAnotherAcc has indicated if you have time you could put wireshark on a PC and capture the network traffic on the PC's NIC to see what is happening for just the PC when it tries to get a DHCP address and what response it gets to see if you can spot anything miss configured.

0 Kudos
Mkrtich
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi - when you originally connect to a new NBN Service, you need to use the Optus modem for the account to complete its activation which will include registration of the voice service. After that a BYOD modem can replace the Optus modem or if you need Voice, the Optus modem can be connected to one of the Ubiquiti LAN switch ports and disable SIP-ALG in the USG in case it interferes with the Optus Voice.

I am surprised to see PPOE and User name and Password on the Optus Guide for NBN. I thought your service would use IPOE with DHCP WAN assignment and no user name password required. I would have expected the Optus modem to have auto configured itself without you having to make any entries into its signaling profile. Have you tried configuring the USG with IPOE and no User name and password then directly connecting it to the FTTP UNI Port.

The original UNI port used in the FTTP for the Exetel service may have been reserved by NBN, sometimes the next port is used by NBN for an alternative RSP in case clients have a change of mind or if a customer moves into a house that previously had NBN with another RSP. This appears not applicable in your case as you have successfully connected to the Optus service with the Optus modem.   

0 Kudos
Top Contributors