Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor janvikas
Occasional Contributor

Re: BYO Linksys Router

I am not using Optus Router. I am using ASUS Router and Linksys VOIP device.so From DSL-->ASUS Router-->Linksys . There are 2 phone line on LinkSYS on Line 1 I configured Optus and Line 2 I configures Mynetfone. For Line1 I am able to receive call (Optus). For Line 2 I am using Mynefone , I am able to make call and receive call without any issue.

So anyone can help me what I can configure and I should be able to make calls
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

So anyone can help me what I can configure and I should be able to make calls

You still haven't answered my question about where you got your Optus SIP registration/configuration information. 

Here is my ASUS configuration. The fact that you are currently able to make and receive ANY calls form ANY provider should mean that you already have configured your ASUS in a similar way.

The "Local IP" will obviously be different, and point to your Linksys.

And because you have 2 VoIP lines you will need to use a "Port Range" of 5060-5061 instead of just 5060.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I got configuration information from Optus. On Line 1 (Optus) it is successfully register and Online. As you mention I opened 5060,5061 in Netfilter I disable SIP Passthrough. I opened  16384-16482 and subset of 10000-20000. I am able to receive call but not able to make call.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

I got configuration information from Optus.

Congratulations!, not many people have be able to get Optus to give them their SIP credentials.

As you mention I opened 5060,5061 in Netfilter I disable SIP Passthrough. I opened  16384-16482 and subset of 10000-20000. I am able to receive call but not able to make call.

I've just had a look at the MyNetFone VoIP setting and from what I can see they use port 5060 and so do Optus. This is most likely the problem. 

Optus is unlikely to help, so you might try and contact MyNetFone support, tell them that Optus uses port 5060 as well and see what they say.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Mynetfone is just for testing. I am using on Line 2 not On Line 1. When I didn't connected Mynetfone I had same issue. I connect Mynetfone to just check is my Linksys device is working fine or not. When I connect Line 1 on Optus I configured everything then I am able to receive call but not able to make call. So I configured on Line 2 Mynetfone to check on Line 2 Mynetfone Am I able to make /receive call ? Yes I am able to so it is not issue with my Linksys VOIP device nor Asus router. Some config require. I try different dial plan and G711a and some different settings. I am able to get dialtone but when I am trying to call no ans for about 1 min then I got engage tone.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@janvikas wrote:
Mynetfone is just for testing..... So I configured on Line 2 Mynetfone to check on Line 2 Mynetfone .

Ok then. You should leave the Mynetfone disabled (from within the Linksys settings) when you are testing the Optus line. Its unusual that both services are using 5060 and it just ads another unnecessary variable during testing. The inability to make outgoing calls is typically a registration failure, and registrations are done through port 5060. Incoming calls can trigger registration temporarily and there temporary dialtone availability.

As far as I can tell, your ASUS config is fine. 

So we are back to dialplans. Have you tried using my exact dialplan?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yes I use exact your dial plan. On Line 1 it was registration Online. It is not temporary dialton. when ever I hookup phone I always get dialton but when I try to dial it is dialing but after few min engage tone. I tried few different number like Mobile Landline but no luck. Really appreciated if you think something and we can start working making outside calls. I bought additional A$10 plan for worldsaver so I can make call to any county wihtout any cost. But unfortunately still I am not able to make call any where.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Do you have an Optus router ? If so, which one, and have you tested making calls with it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yes I am able to make outside call with Optus Router.With Linksys I have getting issue to call out side receiving call is working fine.I check different Dial plan but still no luck.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Well I'm out of ideas then. If the Optus router works fine for calls then you'll just have to use that and forget about the Linksys for Optus calls..

0 Kudos
Top Contributors