Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

BILLING

What a RIP OFF from Optus with Direct Debit Charge nearly every other bill i recieve from Optus i have to queary charges i signed up for 2 years @$120 per month for Fetch and Premier League my lastest bill is for $247.19 WTF if i had Direct Debit this astronomical amount would have been taken out of my bank account and there is NO WAY KNOWN i will be paying this amount as it is not what i signed up to How can Optus keep making these STUPID MISTAKES on peoples accounts and What a RIP OFF Direct Debit is when your Accounts Department keeps making these RIDICULOUS MISTAKES AND TAKING MONEY OFF PEOPLE THAT THEY SOULD NOT BE CHARGED

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: BILLING

Fetch seems to charge for watching stuff, so I don't know how you sign up for $120. I suppose the reason they have such a good movie database, relative to Netflix, is that they charge like a wounded bull.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

i have a charge of $125 as a start up fee start up what i am supposed to be on a contract and i don't hire or buy movies because i don't watch movies and also they are so overpriced

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sorry to hear of the issue you had with your bills, glad someone was able to look into it for you.

With direct debit, you typically get 2-3 weeks after the bill is issued before the money is withdrawn. If you have any concerns, jump into Live Chat so someone can check it out before the money gets taken.

You can customise how you are notified about your bills via My Account → Change Your My Account Preferences, Login or Password. I have direct debit, but also get notified via SMS and email before any money is transferred.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

i was told this an error in the mechanical processing of my bill not a human error SFW how many other people have been OVERCHARGED and how many of them actually check their bills the reason i am posting this is to try and make more people AWARE that Optus CONTINUALLY OVERCHARGE  and it PAYS to CHECK YOUR BILLS and STOP the RIP OFF

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sorry you feel that way, @CANTHEYDOTHAT. If there's something else you'd like a hand with, feel free to send us a PM here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos