cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Ryan
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Auto Blocked Due To Excessive Mail

@bromley wrote:

I'm having to send everything through webnail which is slow, clunky and really not a solution.

Can anyone suggest anything else?

Hey bromley - are you receiving an exact error message advising of this? If you account was blocked due to sending excessive mail then your Optus Webmail service would also be affected, which with what you've mentioned, doesn't seem to be the case?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
kking7
New Contributor
New Contributor

Arrggghhhhh this is the 3rd time this year I have been auto blocked and now I can't send emails. Everytime it has happenned, I was replying to my sports team emails. This morning I have sent two emails. The recipents in total from both emails were about 26.  What on earth is going on??????

0 Kudos
Kate08
New Contributor
New Contributor

So what do we do? I have the same problem after 1 email to my colleagues. Could Optus please advise of the solution?
0 Kudos
Tris

Really? Shouldn't happen if you've sent an email to one recipient Kate. Chat with us so we can can take a look into your service

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
TimBu
New Contributor
New Contributor

So, I have just been told that the reason I am receiving this error is because I am using Thunderbird as my email client - anyone else have this and find this problem?

0 Kudos
mikb
New Contributor
New Contributor

No, my wife used thunderbird for years (until she bought her Mac) with Optus mail, and never saw this error once. It's a server problem, probably an overenthusiastic SPAM defense.

For the record, it's marked as a "temporary" server error. The full text returned by the SMTP server is "4.7.1 Auto blocked due to excessive mail."

I'm a Scout leader, and I'm trying to send out relevant mail to other leaders and parents. Therefore lots of emails with long distribution lists. Having my account arbitarily cut off is just stupid.

0 Kudos
Hollie
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @mikb - just to confirm, are you using your Optus email address to send emails or are you using a scouts.com email address? Our mail servers have quite a complex algorithm used as part of our spam filters, this is to protect our customers as well as other customers. If you continually send emails to bulk people this will be flagged each time by our filters. As our email addresses are supplied for personal use only we do recommend looking into alternative email services if you are needing to send bulk emails on a regular basis.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Robinsod
New Contributor
New Contributor

Auto Blocked Due To Excessive Mail how do i get it unblocked?

0 Kudos
Gen_R
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi Robinsod - you'd need to speak with our Tech Support team on 131344 to resolve this for you. Gen 

0 Kudos