Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Rod08
New Contributor
New Contributor

Auto Blocked Due To Excessive Mail

Hi,

My wife sent a group email to 25 parents from our sons class at school now we can't send any emails out at all because our Optus email account is blocked.  Saying Server Response: 450 4.7.1 (Our email address) auto blocked due to excessive mail.  Our internet is with Telstra broadband cable but even plugging the optus mobile broadband modem in I still get this message.

My webmail still works fine plus I went onto the Optus site memberservices.optusnet.com.au/mailfilter and unblocked port 25.  I also called Optus support which was a waste of time as they had no idea what's going on.

Does anyone know how long the block will be for thanks.?

Cheers, Rod.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Rod08
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Auto Blocked Due To Excessive Mail

Sorted it...thanks..

0 Kudos
Ian
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator
Moved:

0 Kudos
borntosuceed
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi;

Sorry to hijack the thread. I am having the same issue and I am not getting anywhere with Optus Support. How did you solve it?

Thanks

Thomas

0 Kudos
plean
New Contributor
New Contributor

can somebody please give me a solution to this problem. Optusnet support is possibly the worst i have ever dealt with. my wife and i have Hours and hours on the phonewith still no solution. email that is up and down all day.
0 Kudos
borntosuceed
New Contributor
New Contributor

I asked to speak to the supervisor, explained him the problem again. He wanted me to check my webmail, which worked as it has nothing to do with the SMTP server. Explained that to him and he finally unblocked my account. Not sure what it was and what caused it but in the end it took him 10 seconds to fix it.

Good luck

0 Kudos
borntosuceed
New Contributor
New Contributor

Also set my outlook up with a second account where I use the gmail smtp server to send emails. when this happens again, I will still be able to send emails. For the setup just google it.

0 Kudos
Tom
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi plean, if our system detects an unusually high amount of outgoing mail, a restriction may be placed on the account, however this is normally lifted within 24 hours - can you let us know if it's working OK now?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
neata21
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am having the same problem as this today. I have a bookkeeping business and send multiple quotes, orders & invoices. Please advise how I can get this block removed from our account - I need this fixed now. Thanks

0 Kudos
bromley
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm also experiencing this same issue today - I've spoken to Optus support, who transferred me to the Premium (PAID!) support service without advising it is a paid service.  When I rang back, the solution was to 'stop using your email client for 4, maybe 6' hours and trust me that will fix it'.

Not sure that I do trust them, but there were no other solutions offered.  I have not sent an excessive amount of mail, there is no block on the accounts, I've had my password reset and still cannot send.

I'm having to send everything through webnail which is slow, clunky and really not a solution.

Can anyone suggest anything else?

0 Kudos