Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
BILLBOB
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

App on Telstra phone for mobile broadband

Hi, Just want to monitor my data usage but can't seem to use it on my samsung j1 mini (telstra supported).

Anyway of using the app on my phone? Im using mobile broadband includes 200gb a month

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Logged-Off
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: App on Telstra phone for mobile broadband

So at first you say its a Telstra phone, but then you post on the Optus community....

Then you say its a 200Gb plan - except Optus only offers that plan with a single device and its not a samsung j1 mini (telstra supported)

Optus has an app for usage, but I dont think it shows mobile broadband plans at all, only actual mobile service with VOICE.

You will need to clarify some things as per above before we can assist.

0 Kudos
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I think the "(telstra supported)" is referring to the app. I.E they have an Optus mobile service with an Optus phone but have installed a Telstra app that allows you to monitor Telstra Mobile Broadband. Can you confirm if I'm correct? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
BILLBOB
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

hi, no sorry i have a phone sim card with telstra in my phone, which im trying to use the optus app to monitor my data usage on my broadband at home Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
BILLBOB
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

i have a mobile phone, that uses a telstra sim card, but cant use the optus app to monitor my usage on the mobile home broadband (with optus) which also uses a sim card in it? confusing i know

0 Kudos
Logged-Off
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for the claification.

The Optus App available on mobile phones only monitors the mobiles attached to the service you are using.

It also does not show usage information for the Optus Home Wireless plan that you have.

The only way to see usage information for that is to log into your Optus account online on their website to see usage.

BILLBOB
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

hmmm so if i connect via wifi at home with my phone will i be able to use the app? a work mate has the same set up but he connects via a tablet which he is able to monitor the data usage of the home wireless broadband.

0 Kudos
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

No, you can't use the app for what you want to do at all. Optus' app is only for mobile phone users. It never has information in there for mobile broadband, home broadband, home wireless broadband etc. You'll need to use My Account unfortunately. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Mobile broadband data usage will show via the My Optus app if the mobile phone is on the same account and sharing their allowance. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos