cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Contributor giri26
Contributor

Re: Another piece of poor communication from Optus

Day 8 - Yesterday I had a chat with a tech support person and I was told that I will receive a call by 6:00 PM for my broadband issue. I waited and I got nothing. Another day passes bay with no action taken and one more piece of wrong information.

0 Kudos
Contributor giri26
Contributor

I don't know if I can switch to that since I am in a 2 year contract with Optus on their broadband plan. Looks much better option than the current broadband issues.

0 Kudos
Contributor giri26
Contributor

Another day and another frustrating conversation with OPTUS technical support. I checked them about the fault raised and they said that the backend team tried to contact me multiple times and they got busy tone. They also sent me a text message and I failed to respond. I told him, I did not receive any calls from anyone and there was no text message. I ask him what number did they call? He gives me a number which is not even mine, when I tell him that, he says thats the number in the fault. I told him that is not my number and during my call with the tech support, I was never asked for a contact number. The he backtracks and tells me my right number and says sorry for the mistake, this is the number they called on the 14th and closed the fault since there was no response. I told I never received a call or a text except for the one which gave me the fault number. I asked him if they had closed the fault on 14th why was I told that I would be called on the 19th? He checks again and tells me yes there was an update that they would be calling me on the 19th and he proceeds to ask me how did the call go? Now I was confused, I had told him that I wasn't called at all and now he asks me how the call went as the fault did not have the update.

Then he says he will open a new fault and I will be called within 48 hours. I have decided to wait for this as well. This time I don't have a fault number as we got disconnected. It is unbelievable how this has panned out. I seriously doubt they can fix or help with anything. No one has come forward to help me yet from OPTUS and I am still stuck with poor speeds and paying full monthly fees. It has been 10 days and counting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor giri26
Contributor

Finally after 2.5 weeks of constant chat with the customer support and 2 faults, my issue seems to have been taken care. It has just been a day so I am still on the fence on this one. But again right now I am getting the right speeds and the issue seems to have been resolved.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors