cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Contributor giri26
Contributor

Another piece of poor communication from Optus

Over the weekend I was facing some issues with my internet and I contacted the technical support. After being with the support person for about 40-45 minutes they said that they will be sending a tech home to take a look at my connection. When I asked them when can I expect the tech, they said that someone will call me and let me know. Suddenly this morning my wife calls me and tells me there is a tech at home to look at the internet issue. The reason I wanted to know when the tech will be coming is because I wanted to be at home to make sure everything is fine before the tech leaves. I also work from home and need to be online tonight for a major deployment. This is not the first time I have had tech coming to my home to look at internet problems in the last 6 months I have been with Optus. My wife isn't fully aware of the issues and also she is at home with a 11 month old. 

Once again it baffles me the way the Optus customer service keeps giving wrong or incorrect information to the customers. This is not the first time this has happened. I hope he issue is resolved and I don't have to call the support once again.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Another piece of poor communication from Optus

You are lucky to get anyone from Optus.

0 Kudos
Contributor giri26
Contributor

As expected the tech came and messed up my internet connection. Now I am getting half the speed I was getting before. The worst part is that i am not even able to talk with anyone. I am so angry and frustrated. I am back to square one. Please get me out of the contract. I am just fed up of optus and their service. I am not here to pay money for service which does not work. First they send a tech without telling me and the person now messes up my connection and I am unable to talk to tech support. I was getting close to 4 mbps yesterday and after the tech left I am barely getting 1.5-1.7. Optus please let me go or I am fed up and angry.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Sorry to hear about your experience here, @giri26. I'd be happy to run through some troubleshooting with you if you want to send through a private message and detail the experience and issue that you're having. If however you do choose to move on from Optus, you can reach out on 1300555241 to discuss your options for service cancellation. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor giri26
Contributor

Another update:

I was finally able to get in touch with a technical support person after staying on line for about 35-40 minutes and it was a frustrating chat:

The person started to troubleshoot the internet problem and it took him about 30 minutes to do the test and finally he told me that he has to raise a fault and someone from the backend team will call me. After that as usual with all Optus tech support call (You can look at one of my earlier posts as well), he started telling me that probably I have connected too many devices which has caused reduction in speed.

I told him that I have same number of devices connected over the past 4 months when I was easily getting 4 MBPS or even more sometimes and I did not suddenly buy 4-5 devices today to reduce the speed.

He then tells me that the speed is determined by the distance. I told him unless the distance has increased in one day, I don't see how it can affect something which was working perfectly fine the day before.

This is what which bothers me about Optus support, it is very clear that I was getting higher speeds a day before and once the telstra tech came in and did something the speed has dropped alarmingly to half. It is so clear and still optus CSR start playing the blame game with the customers and try to pin that on them. This has happened multiple times and seriously I don't have the patience to go through this once again.

If you look at my previous threads, I started off with having speeds under 1.5 MBPS when I signed up with Optus and after 3 months of struggle finally got the speed issue fixed which costed me 200+ dollars to fix the socket et all. Now again I am back to square one. I am still paying the full monthly bill and haven't asked to reduce it in spite of all these problems I am going through since I signed up with optus (Worst decision by the way) in February. Now it is kind of dejavu for me as I am going through the same thing again. This morning when I left home with only one device connected the speed was 0.9 MBPS, not even 1.

0 Kudos
Contributor giri26
Contributor

Okay 6 days since the fault was raised and I have had no communication with Optus technical support. The connection continues to be poor and there has been no effort made to contact me in spite of my repeated attempts to contact the support. I just want to see how long it takes for them to actually take a look and try to fix  the issue. I know how this will go, I know the script. Someone will call, keep me on the phone for 40-50 minutes, say that they would need to send someone home to take a look at the connection as they are not able to fix it. Anyways entire day yesterday I was getting between 0.6 MBPS - 1.40 MBPS, while for the past 4 months I have had speeds between 3.5 - 5 MBPS. It has been a week now and the issue still remains.

0 Kudos
Contributor giri26
Contributor

Day 7 since the fault has been raised. No contact from the OPTUS technical support. I am still getting poor speeds with the internet practically unuable. When will I even get called or get my issue looked at?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Poor-Speed-on-Telstra-lines-with-Optus/td-p/141...

What is your monthly download requirement? How long until the NBN disaster comes to your area?

0 Kudos
Contributor giri26
Contributor

My data usage varies but will be in upwards of 100 GB as I stream TV over the internet. The NBN in my area is planned sometime in the mid of 2018.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

They have 100GB mobile plans that include unmetered Netflix/Stan. These come with a tablet, or not.

I'm on a 140GB plan with no unmetered content to speak of.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/tablet/plans

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband/mobile-broadband/data-sim-card

The month to month 100GB plan has TV, but they don't mention it anywhere. You get to choose whether you want a cat 4 , 6, 9 modem for extra aggregation.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors