Searching...

An acknowledged Optus stuff up that I need resolved ASAP

M0F0

I've been messed around for over a week with this already and it keeps getting handballed between departments or I get hung up on. I need it resolved today or I'll be taking it to the ombudsman.

I ordered a $30 prepaid data SIM online to take advantage of a free data offer (4 +10GB). The SIM arrived just before the weekend that the promo ended. I tried to activate it but the SIM was faulty and I was told to go into a store to get a replacement. They also told me I'd get the data I purchased the SIM for.

I went to a store the next day and they put me on the phone to support to set up the new SIM. I was told that it was sorted and the data would be applied after 24 hours.

I tried to use it a few days later and it apparently has no credit. After stuffing around with support for ages it turns out they set it up as a prepaid phone plan and not data, thus wiping any previous applied credit.

I was then told to go and get a new SIM as they couldn't convert the previous one back to data only. But once I had a data SIM again I'd get the data I was promised. 

I've received the new SIM but the store couldn't help with restoring the lost data and was told to call billing during the week. Have tried today to get someone to look at the notes on the account, but have been handballed to another department again where I was hung up on.

I have multiple screenshots from the live chat where the support agents have acknowledged this was an Optus stuff up and that they will sort everything out.

So far I've just been wasting my time as you now make it incredibly difficult to get in contact with the right people. Thus I'm sick of doing the chasing and want Optus to just resolve the problem and get back to me when they're done.

Someone please PM me ASAP so I can pass on the relevant details. 

Re: An acknowledged Optus stuff up that I need resolved ASAP

Dan_C

Hey @M0FO, it really doesn't sound like we're off to a great start Smiley Sad If you can provide us with a receipt or documentation that you'd purchased the SIM card before the promotion expiry date then we'll definitely be able to credit your account towards the lost data. Are you able to send through your details? We need your full name, DOB and mobile number?

In regards to your other thread → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Wi-Fi-Talk-Home-Zone/Built-in-WiFi-calling-preferred/m-p/325806#M24.... Check out our Wi-Fi calling FAQ page → https://goo.gl/kUPcDQ. Please note that Wi-Fi calling is only available for post-paid customers with selected compatible 4G devices. This is a feature that's enabled via your handset settings.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

M0F0

Hi @Dan_C

The lost data is in the process of being restored apparently. I'm waiting on a call back from one of the service agents either today or tomorrow once it's done. I'll let you know if nothing eventuates however. 

As for the WiFi talk, I'm on a post paid plan. My concern is that I want a Pixel 2 XL which Telstra unfortunately has secured the rights to again. It's a VOLTE and WiFi calling enabled device and arguably the best Android phone available, but unless it's flagged as "compatible device" for Optus it means I'll need to use the buggy WiFi Talk app, yes? 

Dan_C

Ah, well I'm glad to hear that the lost data issue is in the process of being resolved. We can always follow up on this request. I believe the issue stems from the fact that a handset purchased from another provider wouldn't have Optus firmware installed. As this is a feature that we enable on our end, it's not something that we'd be able to activate on a non-Optus handset. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

M0F0

How does it work on other phones that receive firmware updates directly from the manufacturer (I.e. Apple)? If the device supports VOLTE / WiFi calling and you can manually toggle these provisions via the testing menu (e.g. *#*#4636#*#* on Android) and/or the dialer settings shouldn't it theoretically work on a post-paid service number?

Dan_C

Hmm, I'll need to have a chat with our product & Network team to confirm whether there's a work around. I'm really not sure why the service has been limited to post-paid and not available on prepaid services at this time. I'll get back to you with an answer shortly. 

M0F0

Thanks @Dan_C

The issue is more about using the function on a post paid service with an outright purchased Pixel 2 XL though (or any phone that supports VOLTE/WiFi calling out of the box for that matter). 

Dan_C

Sorry, I didn't mention that but I'll definitely be enquiring as to whether non-Optus purchased handsets can take advantage of WiFI calling as well. 

Dan_C

Hi @M0F0, I just wanted to let you know that we're still following this one up for you. I've had my Yes Crowd community manager send an email through to one of our product teams. I'll update you again shortly. 

DRAKS

I bought a Pixel 2XL outright from Google (rather than switching to Telstra) and I'm really disappointed that wifi calling isn't enabled. My old iPhone worked perfectly and that was bought outright from Apple and no "Optus issued device" problems with that.

Optus has terrible reception at my work and wifi calling was the fix I had been looking for. Now it doesn't work because my phone isn't on the Optus compatible device list!

C'mon guys, this just does that stack up. I've been with you for nearly 8 years now, don't push me to find a provider without these unreasonable restrictions. My phone supports wifi calling out of the box, so I don't see why you don't consider it compatible??

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
52 Kudos
50 Kudos
30 Kudos
20 Kudos