Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
littlestotty
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Amending my cable broadband direct debit

I would love to change the bank account where my cable broadband direct debit comes from. My first form was to set up direct debit - that worked. I can't however seem to figure out how to get the details on the form amended. I've filled in and sent off a form twice - 5 months ago and last month. I haven't had any feedback from sending the form and the bill still comes from my old bank account.

So my options are:

1 - shut up and fill in a form and send it - you will pretend to process it and say nothing either.

2 - go through chat, The agent will confirm a direct debit happened (though from where is anyones guess) and they will happily email me a form. They then say to wait 14 days before checking (not sure what to check) - proceed to option 1.

3 - go to the web - eventually I found because its cable I have to download a form - proceed to option 1

4 - Phone up - they will SMS a link to the website - proceed to option 3.

5 - wait a month to check my bank statement, get frustrated  and proceed to option 2.

The form process is broken - I've heard that you are fixing this (for the last 2 years) and I appreciate there are old and new systems and migration is happening - but OPTUS - this is the BASICs of a service.

I'm sure another ISP would love to help me out - can you Optus?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
littlestotty
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Amending my cable broadband direct debit

Optus, I am acutely aware there is a form for changing my bank details. But that's clearly flawed. Is there another way to change my direct debit details. 

I have moved bank and want to close my old bank account

If you say there is no other option, then I shall close down my old bank account anyway, the direct debit will remain unpaid, and maybe then we can talk. I can use my mobile as a hotspot if I find I'm without internet while migrating from you if this isn't working.

I've tried to help you by following your failed process for over 5 months, I think it's your turn to help me.

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sorry to hear of the issues getting your direct debit changed. We can definitely do this manually from our end. Please send me a private message with your Optus account number, full name and DOB. I'll have someone follow up asap. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
littlestotty
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Toomey, PM sent, fingers crossed this won't involve a form 🙂

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sorry I haven't revived a PM from yourself, can you try copy/pasting and sending again please?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
littlestotty
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Toomey,

Hmm, I looked in my profile and it shows I've never sent a message, I sent another one to you and got an error:

"You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

I haven't sent any yet, any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
littlestotty
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Toomey - I preempted the usual response from you guys, try a different browser. I was using Chrome - I just sent a PM via IE - it worked - *shrugs*. Over to you 🙂 thanks.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for the update @littlestotty.

Just so you know, we did receive your last PM.

I'm glad to hear it's now working but your initial concern is valid. We seem to have issues when it comes to self-serve functionality for certain product types. Older service types i.e. Cable Broadband are billed/services through an old legacy system. This is something that really needs to be ironed out.

It doesn't make for a great customer experience, especially if you're being directed through to the same channel only to be told conflicting information. We are making moves to improve the process, I know it's been advised in the past but thinks will change.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
littlestotty
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, To be clear, the only thing fixed is my ability to PM you - pleased you recieved it - I still need to fix my direct debit. 

If the form is the only way without complaining on this forum, then some kind of acknowlegement when you received the form  would go a really long way to help (an email/sms, surely thats not hard as you have my details) - or acknowlegement you amended my account. This whole process falls into a black hole every time leaving me with no hope.

0 Kudos
littlestotty
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Me again, any news on next steps? I've sent the Pm and you confirmed receipt...

... feels a bit like the same black hole the forms I sent have fallen into.

0 Kudos