Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
TheBaconson2
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Altona Meadows speeds

Any one else experiencing a sudden speed drop in the area?

I used to get 29-32mb off peak and 22-25peak now I am getting 1.5mb peak.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TommyB
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Altona Meadows speeds

What type of connection?  NBN or simple cable?

0 Kudos
TheBaconson2
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Simple cable, it used to be great, consistant speeds 24/7 then one day last week, it just suddenly went slow during peak time, and I mean slow, I am lucky I have the speedtest app for windows as opposed to the webpage, one stage I got to a 0.5mb/s I gave up on the internet after that, Fetchbox was entirely useless because of it too.

0 Kudos
TommyB
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Might be because the cable is now giving up the ghost.  Optus had the older of the two main cable systems (Telstra was the other) and as the NBN loomed no more money was spent on it and now all the cable systems are in the hands of the NBN Co.  This might be a case of the cable being worked on prior to NBN connection or a fault that may not be fully fixed due to the impending arrival of the NBN.  If you can, send an email to the NBN to find out, exactly, when the NBN is coming to your area and mention the cable troubles you are having.  You may get nowhere but nothing ventured nothing gained.

0 Kudos
benhelenv
New Contributor
New Contributor

I m advised OPTUS Cable is experiencing problems in Altona Meadows but seriously this is ridiculous. The speed is fluctuating with regular dropout over last few days. I cannot get any confirmation on when this will be fixed but given NBN cable works are active in area I feel we've been dumped by OPTUS. So 1 year to go before NBN, maybe I have to use alternative supplier through ADSL. So sad that OPTUS High Care doesn't really care. 😞

0 Kudos