Searching...
Highlighted

Altona Meadows internet is down again! 06/04/2018

[ Edited ]
norwayaussie

Hi Optus,

These outages are not helping and your customer support sucks. I am paying $170 a month to your pathetic services and its time you get your *moderated* together and provide a reliable connection with reliable speed.

Regards

Optus Customer for 9 years (soon to be some one elses)

Re: Altona Meadows internet is down again! 06/04/2018

[ Edited ]
dcarrion87

Are you on Optus Cable? I am in Altona North and last 2 weeks I have had 3 extended dropouts. I don't even bother with the robots on support. They don't care.

I've also had ongoing bandwidth issues. Got better recently but replaced with multiple dropouts. See here: https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Bandwidth-concerns-Altona-North-HFC/m-p/411037#...

I am currently down right now and on a Telstra 4G service. I have to keep it on standby because of the work I do and because how unreliable Optus service is.

norwayaussie

G'day I am on optus cable. I stood on hold for 47 min on optus customer service line to tell me that there is an outage (which i already know) with no clue of when that will be fixed. 

RodneyW

Thanks for confirming my experience.  We were down and out for at least 10 hours the other day.  Now its been another 3 hours tonight.  With no customer service availability.  No notification on the website.  Terrible.

Would it be better if I switch to Telstra?

[ Edited ]
dcarrion87

Probably not unless you're willing to use Telstra 4G mobile data or by some miracle you have Telstra HFC infrastructure in your area. I'm guessing you're in the same boat as me where your only option is Optus Cable, ADSL or 3G/4G services. Telstra 4G is good but expensive. NBN isn't coming to me until 2019-2020. ADSL gets some epic outages in our area from what I read. A mate of mine dropped ADSL service for 3 days in Newport due to infrastructure issues.

I've been hounding WISP (Wireless Internet Service Provider) providers like Uniti Wireless and Lightning Broadband in hopes they get towers in the inner western suburbs so I can get off Optus, get off using expensive 4G services and avoid having to go onto what will without a doubt be a woeful NBN experience when it finally comes in 2020.

As soon as those WISP providers get their towers up I'm cancelling Optus. They are a disgrace for letting their service get this bad over the years. In the meantime I continue to switch to Telstra 4G services during outages and congestion issues.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
52 Kudos
50 Kudos
30 Kudos
20 Kudos