cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor BigSigh
New Contributor

Almost 24 hours after no internet, live outage is still being “investigated”

Title says it all.

bad weather yesterday evening, internet went out at about 8, I come home from work today and decide to call Optus, literally only hearing what a bot has to say as pre recorded messages other wise it’s 30minutes to speak to someone.

check your outages for my address and live outage status is “investigating”. 

BRUH. how many clients must you have with no internet and it’s still not fixed just because of some rain!? And if it’s 2 days without phone or internet without any form of reimbursement just zzz. 

Seriously, sometimes my internet net drops out for a day or two even without bad weather then just randomly comes back on at some point. Your planned maintenance is a load of BULL%#]} which has been in my area for months and when I had terrible speeds your tech support blamed it on that but with enough effen complaining, I finally got my download speeds back to normal from under 10.

Seriously terrible effen service.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Almost 24 hours after no internet, live outage is still being “investigated”

Have you logged a fault with Optus either via chat, website or phone? 

Remember, you must understand as a consumer customer per the TIO, ACCC, etc these services are by default not entitled to compensation for outages, it's all "best effort" services.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors