Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

All 'incoming calls' show Private.

acrowau

We just changed over to Optus and requested a Private / Silent number which is all ok.

But, when we receive an outside call or any listed contact in our home phone, they all show as Private when phoning us.

I will need to ring Optus, but first wondered if anyone knows why this would be.

Thanks

Re: All 'incoming calls' show Private.

Hannah-L

Hi @acrowau, it sounds like you need the Call Waiting feature added to your service. Please get in touch with our Customer Service team.

acrowau

Thanks for the reply.

But it seems it is nothing to do with Call Waiting.

Got onto 'chat' eventually !! and the person made a change and all good - all contacts etc now show up.

btw, the how to add, remove call waiting as googled - does not mention anything about how to add call waiting (only removing) ..... so fix the wording on your site and take of "how to add" as it does not exist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slightly starting to think my bad decision in changing from telstra to optus !! due to other issues also.

Dan_C

@acrowau,

You actually want to add the calling waiting feature to your service? Call Waiting on your Home phone simply lets you know if a second caller is trying to get through to you, if you are already on the phone. You are notified of the waiting call by a series of background beeps. Call waiting is provisioned by default on newly connected services. If you'd like us to remove it for you, you'd need to contact us on live chat →www.optus.com.au/livechat/pbb.

You can disable call waiting on a per call basis by following these instructions:

1. Lift your handset
  2. Listen for dial tone
  3. Dial #87
  4. Dial your destination phone number.
  5. Call waiting will automatically reactivate on your next call.

What's the other concern that you've mentioned? I'm happy to try and help out. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

acrowau

Thanks Dan for your response.

The call waiting side of things was a suggestion (above) to fix the incoming calls showing as 'private' - that did not work as it only showed how to remove call waiting, not add it - but that issue has been solved.

Other issue is recorded messages not working - have put a separate post to this .....

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Home-phone-recorded-messages-not-working/m-p/36...

Dan_C

Hmm, have you tried calling our voicemail service on 321? If so, what are you being prompted with? Voicemail is something that should also be provisioned by default. Are you able to call 321 and let us know what happens? I'm happy to offer some further guidance. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

acrowau

ok, I dialed 321 and it says....

"optus regrets that the number you have dialled has been disconnected"

Dan_C

Send us a PM @acrowau, I'll make sure that it's been correctly set up for you. I'll need your full name, DOB and account number. You'll just need to click on my YC handle and you'll see a private message tab on the top portion of my profile page. 

acrowau

done as requested Dan.

Thanks mate.

Solution

Dan_C

All done @acrowau.

I've made the change for you Smiley Happy We'll continue chatting via PM if you like. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
52 Kudos
50 Kudos
30 Kudos
20 Kudos