Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Agent couldn't find my account detail with my old corp. account number

Hi. I am a loyal Optus customer. I've joined Optus cable since 1999. I have a 10 digit account number (24XXXXXXXX). I was promised to be given a $15 loyalty discount each month with the $80 broadband plan. But since April Optus didn't automatically apply the credit to my account so I need to get online chat EVERY MONTH to ask for the credit back. Everytime I got on the Optus online chat the agents keep asking me for a 14 digital account number which I don't have. They need to spend more than half an hour to find my account detail (sometimes it takes an hour or some can't even find my accout). I'm so fed up with this.

On the 7/8/17 I got on the online chat to change my existing broadband plan from the $80 to the $60M2M bundle. A month later I received the bill and I'm still on the $80 plan with no $15 credit applied. So I got onine again, spent almost an hour to find my account detail, the agent told me that the order that I made was not linked to my account and I'll have to redo again. And today, I got online to check the progess of home phone number porting. I've waited for half an hour and the chat just suddenely dropped out with my question unanswered. I hope Optus can help me through email but not the online chat. My order number is 163567.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Agent couldn't find my account detail with my old corp. account number

The 14 digit account number is in the "My Account". How do you log into your account usually?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I use my email address to login to My account. And the account number in My account is the 10 digit number.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Maybe your account is just so croaking old, that half the modern account functions don't work with it anymore.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Is this how Optus treating a loyal long term customer? I'm thinking out leaving Optus if it keeps on like this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I suspect you are loyal to Optus because they are $20 cheaper, or something like that. Most people migrate when they detect a bargain somewhere else.

I think you need to get your 10 digit account cancelled and come back in again, but I don't know how you get your $15 expectation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm loyal to Optus because I'm lazy. I'm just lazy to find another service provider. Till November last year I was still paying $60 for 120gb/mth. Comparing to the new customers I believe I was paying more.

Now I have my unlimited broadband for $65 (no home phone, no fetch tv), it's still $5 more than the plan that Optus currently offer, for both new and existing customers, unlimited broadband with home phone.

I just want to switch to the $60 plan and I wasn't going to ask for a discount credit.

0 Kudos