Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

After leaving Optus their help staff said my Email accounts would remain active for 90 days

The account was closed yesterday and tonight I tried to check for mail sitting in webmail. My user name was not recognised so there was no access.

Does anyone know how to get emails during the 90 days they said the email accounts would remain active?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: After leaving Optus their help staff said my Email accounts would remain active for 90 days

Hi,

I'd say "up to" 90 days. Optus is under no obligation to maintain the email account in question (unless of course you entered not some of contract) as they've fulfilled there service to you. I hope you was quick to get any emails stored. As future reference you are better off utilising an offsite email service paid or otherwise.

just note this is the opinion of one person πŸ˜‰

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. πŸ˜‰
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: After leaving Optus their help staff said my Email accounts would remain active for 90 days

Thanks for reading my question Caaf

You seem to have a lot of knowledge. I did not leave Optus by choice. I have been with them probably about 20 years.

Finally ultra low internet NBN speeds compelled me to leave.

Do you possibly have any answer to my question?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Thought I did?

Unless you have an active service with Optus the email account goes with. This 90 day thing I think relates to a quarantine/holding period. As for gaining access to the email account, recon you may have run the gauntlet again with support.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. πŸ˜‰
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm stunned Dave

You mean when they wrote the following on Facebook Messenger they did not mean it? After I followed their instructions to the letter?

Facebook "Messenger" Messages between Optus and myself 15 to 17 May 2017. Hey Peter, this isn't something that we can organise, sorry! As Jax mentioned, the email address remains active for 90 days after disconnection πŸ™‚ Alex Hey Alex, Jax said the email address was "reserved" for 90days. You say "active" for 90 days. Active πŸ™Œis better so did you mean it?😳 Hi Peter you can request the email address be kept active before cancelling the service. It'd just be best to let our retention team know when disconnecting - Phil Good news, thank you Phil.πŸ’₯

Guess you can't trust anyone anymore and after 20 years too. I never thought they would do that to me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Oh ok, pity you didn't start off with that transcript... I'll escalate your thread to see I find a Optus member is available to take a look, maybe even contact the retention team and ask a few Qs on your behalf.

Cheers Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Gee thanks Dave

I spent an hour on Chat yesterday because they sent me a text message saying my bill for double the usual dollars was available for viewing. I tried that but of course I could not succeed because my password did not work.

We solved the bill issue I think, the promised email copy has not arrived so I am not positive.

We got on to the promised 90 day email business and got transferred to technical. It was all down hill from there. Being already cancelled was a real stopper. The concept of opening a replacement service for the balance of the 90 days just would not develop. I could not get the mistake referred to a person with enough authority to fix it and that was upsetting, very.

So Dave you are my last hope. (I had them email me a transcript of the conversation if you would like it.)

I appreciate your effort Dave. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

You have been busy. I'm really not sure what I can do as I'm simply a dude that helps others with no access to the Optus system. I'm basically a fellow consumer like yourself.

If by chance they manage to reactivate the email account I'm just not sure if they'd be any saved emails ect.

Let the escalation run its course and cross your fingers, toes and any other good karma mantras.

Please keep the forum updated for public reference. 

Cheers Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

OK thanks Dave.

Yes the deleted emails are lost but any arriving in the next 80 days or so could be forwarded to me.

Cheers

Peter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dave

I am all fixed.

I did not lose any emails and I am able to access my old closed account's webmail.

Optus reversed invoices for all plan cancellation fees.

The lady who arranged all this was Agatha.

It is just a pity I had to go to the TIO to get the process started and again after a couple of weeks to get Optus to wrap it all up properly.

Lesson: Try to do all communications by "Chat" and make sure the transcript is emailed to you (or just highlight it all and print it to PDF). Keep all your records. Don't fib or exaggerate. Always be polite.

It took too many hours over th last month but I am retired so time is not a great worry.

Thank you for your support along the way.