Searching...

Affected By Congestion adsl2 speed 276- 500 kbps - Belmore NSW 2192

titos97

Is anyone affected by congestion last couple of weeks ? My Adsl2+ speed  drop to 276 kbps to 600 kbps during evening & weekend.

Called several times optus support they told me its will be fix within couple of hour . Already  more then 7 weeks no change during peak hour.

By the way exchange is around 1.5 km from my place and max I able to get around 3.4 MB if I am lucky enoufgh.

Average speed I get around 1.5-1.8 mbps

Download Speed: 1542 kbps (192.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 610 kbps (76.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 27 ms
Jitter: 32 ms
Packet Loss: 0.010000000000000009%
28/3/2015 10:57:17 pm

Re: Affected By Congestion adsl2 speed 276- 500 kbps - Belmore NSW 2192

nitznair

Am in the same boat as you mate. Use to get decent speeds before but getting this currently:

Last Result:
Download Speed: 1479 kbps (184.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 682 kbps (85.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 33 ms
Jitter: 1 ms
Packet Loss: -1%
3/28/2015, 11:15:46 PM

Whats going on?

swado

Same thing here, Sutherland NSW (2232). Spoke to their tech support who advised exchange is congested with no current plans for it to be upgraded. All he could suggest was calling the retention team and cancelling.... At night the service is basically unusable, at best i get 10% of my connection speed. Appears all the reps on here intentionally avoid responding to these posts about congestion also. Pathetic they can't even acknowledge the problem and atleast give us some indication someones looking at it and it will be fixed.

Only been with optus for 1 week and its been a joke since i signed up, if their network is this rubbish they should be notifying people before they sign up people on these plans as now it appears i'm going to have to pay to get off this rubbish service and back to iinet.

Even just trying to download a file from the internet causes ping time to just blow out to 1000+ ms and makes even basic browsing hopeless, not even worth attempting to stream anything as it just constantly buffers.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 1321 kbps (165.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 737 kbps (92.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 28 ms
Jitter: 1 ms
Packet Loss: -1%
3/29/2015, 9:10:42 PM

Tris

This would really need to be investigated by out tech support team titos97. Can't really confirm if this relates to congestion or otherwise without some account details 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Deepsksisam

Same here in ACT Banks. Just joined Optus a few weeks ago and the link has been appaling nearly every night. Managed to get through to technical support and he told me there was no problems with the line and it looks like they may be working on the exchange as it tells him this on a website. Lucky if I can get 300kbs from between 4pm and 11pm. I asked if it could be congestion and he answered no. He told me to check back in a few weeks time if there was still a problem.

titos97

I have called several times to support team and  they confirmed me its due to congestion . They told me they will escalated this issue to  his manager and will send me an email . Nothing i got so far. 

Account id : mohammad.96  if that help you invistigate if you need more info pm me i will send you details . 

By the way at  10:40 PM 

Last Result:
Download Speed: 2000 kbps (250 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 614 kbps (76.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 32 ms
Jitter: 8 ms
30 March 2015 10:39:13 pm AEDT

Pete

Hmm, were you provided with a fault reference number titos97? This will help us check into this further.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

titos97

Still Bad luck for me no response from optus

Last Result:
Download Speed: 1593 kbps (199.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 534 kbps (66.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 37 ms
Jitter: 10 ms
19 April 2015 7:32:23 pm AEST

Pete

Cheers, I had asked previously if you were provided with a fault reference number when you had reported this, were you provided with one? This will help us investigate. Pete

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

titos97

No Fault number given for congestion issue. They have told me nothing can be done for congestion issue and there is no time frame when it can be fixed . Told me if i want i can leave  my conratct anytime as NBN or Cable not covering my area yet.

And top of that my phone & internet down for weeks and estimate restore time 9th of JUNE !!!  Fault ref :13128124

Had enoufgh.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
86 Kudos
80 Kudos
63 Kudos
35 Kudos
35 Kudos