Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor TGM
New Contributor

Advise on a factory reset of an Optus supplied Cisco modem

I've got Optus cable internet and have an Optus supplied Cisco DPQ3925 modem. I want to change some settings on the modem, which requires logging in to the device. Unfortunately the Password I last used, which was about 2 years ago, doesn't work. Tried some variations one it as well as other candidate passwords. But none work. Maybe I wrote it down wrong or something else happened. Don't know. 

All that said, looking on the Optus website it seems that a factory reset of the modem might be a solution.  I gather that I stick a pin in the back (reset point) of the modem for about 10 seconds and that should reset the device to its original factory setings, including putting the User name and Password to their initial defaults.  Then I can log back in using them.

My query. Is the task as straightforward as this? Or will there be things that I need to get sorted before I start?

Any advice is welcome.  I tried Optus Chat but got nothing worthwhile from there unfortunatly. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Advise on a factory reset of an Optus supplied Cisco modem

It's as simple as you've said 🙂 Just remember a factory reset resets all the settings so if you've changed anything previously then you'll lost those changes and need to make them again if you can remember what they were

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor TGM
New Contributor

Re: Advise on a factory reset of an Optus supplied Cisco modem

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go. Have recorded all existing settings and set-up arrangements, etc., so should be ok.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors