Searching...

Adslbinternet

Kerr

Is everyone else having little to no internet for the last week

Re: Adslbinternet

SamSam

Nope, all is fine. Have you checked for a network outage? - http://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Kerr
We had a technician out today apparently when the nbn guys came to install the cables in readiness for non they damaged our line, it has had a temporary repair but was deemed not major enough for full repair. The technician said basically it has to completely stop working before Optus will do anything about it so we are back to our internet dropping in and out which is totally unacceptable

SamSam

Totally agree, I'd be raising a complaint if I were you

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

AlexRH

Hi @Kerr, appreciate how frustrating it'd be when your connection isn't working as it should be Smiley Sad

Can you confirm if you've been provided with a fault ref # that we can chase up for you? Or since spoken with our Faults team further about this?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Kerr

Hi it was ref#18630097. The technician said we will have to follow up again if and when we have completely no connection, at the moment the wifi keeps dropping in and out. He advised that unless the connection completely stops Optus won’t come out to fix it

AlexRH

Hmm, I've had a look at your fault report and I can see that the technician had noted the issue was resolved after manual repair.

Our Case Management team sent you an SMS to confirm if the fault had been resolved - please reply with the word "FAULT" if you'd like us to continue investigating this for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Kerr

I had already mentioned in previous posts that the technician had been out. He said he has done a temporary repair because Optus won’t deem it major enough to do full repair of it until we have no internet coverage at all

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

Hmm @Kerr, there's no mention of a 'temporary fix.'

Diagnosis: Minor Line Fault Detected

Finding: Minor DC Voltage

Technician completion comment:

Line fixed at lead in undercut joint outside x/44 xxxx road for the same.

The status of your modem is showing as online. I can see that you're currently SYNCING at 5.75Mbps.

If you are still experiencing issues, I can send a referral off to our DSL case management team. I can have a consultant contact you within 1-2 working days. Please let me know.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Kerr

Just relaying what he verbally said to us!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
68 Kudos
52 Kudos
41 Kudos
26 Kudos