Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
New Contributor Joeyl1982
New Contributor

Adsl internet constant drop outs

We have adsl internet and it continually drops out. We can't record on fetch tv because it constantly loses connection and games drop out constantly. We get the same run about ever time we call and nothing ever gets solved 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Adsl internet constant drop outs

Not good to hear Joeyl1982. When you spoke with Tech Support what did they advise? Have we replaced the modem for you or sent anyone out? If you've got any fault reference numbers handy please let us knows otherwise please PM through your account info and we'll check it out. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

I have been in contact with somebody about it but nothing solved yet. Our fetch tv is basically useless it either lags or won't work at all. Same with gaming. No technician has been sent out and no modem replacement ordered. Will wait to see what they come back with but I think it's pretty unfair to be paying what we pay and not getting the service 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Okay, please feel free to get back in touch on here if you need to.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

I have since made three phone calls, each time they say they will 100% call back and then they don't. Absolutely sick of paying for a service that I'm not receiving. I want a technician out here to sort this out or I will be going to the ombudsman.

RetiredModerator

Hey @Joey1982, can you please send me a PM with your account number, home address, full name and DOB so that I can chase this up? 

0 Kudos
New Contributor

If doesn't even show an option to private message you. How do I do that?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator

If you click on my name it'll take you to my profile and one of the options available will be PM.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Tommy_Bui
New Contributor

Hi,

I have the same issue. I've being experienced with internet drops down since I signed up with Optus. I couldn't watch Youtube, neither make a facetime call (or it's lost connection several time for 1 call) nor access my company's working environment over the internet. I gave tech support at least 5 times and so many time of chatting with them and they've kept reseting the configs and testing line again and again but everything stays the same. This is the Ref # 15245513075.

I used to be with TPG ADSL internet services before but there was no issue at all. I regret moving from TPG to Optus...

Now I'm thinking of making a complaint but I am not sure it works or not. It would be great if you can share your experience...

Is there anyone from Optus can help with this situation?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey Tommy! 

There sure is 🙂 I'm happy to go in and take a look. The fault reference number you've included in your post is a bit too long. 

Can you fill out the template below and send that back through via PM?

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N

Your full name:
DOB:
Mobile number:

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos