cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Adding a back to base alarm to optus nbn modem

Hi

I recently connected to the nbn through optus. I have a phone line in as well.

I want to add a back to base alarm line. Do I need a modem with two lines out.?

Or can I use a splitter from the single line out in my modem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Adding a back to base alarm to optus nbn modem

Back to Base modems can have problems with the NBN.

You're best off contacting the back to base company as they will have specific information on what they need and what equipment you need for the NBN.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Peter

Just reading this post - our's isnt a modem, ours just ran on the phone line plugged into the wall (which that plug in point doesnt work now)

Should I use the splitter that was on that plug in point on the home phone that is now plugged into the optus modem?

Thanks in advanced

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Hi,
Not my area of expertise Flemmings. No harm in trying what you suggest and seeing if it works. HOwever back to base alarms are one of the areas that NBNCo doesn't guarantee will work after you move across (you need to check with the manufacturer etc.)

Suggest you post a new post with your queries as using an old post means that only those who posted in this thread are ever likely to see it (a new post goes to the top of the pile for every one to see.)

There's a good network guy who might have some suggestions for you (post your alarm model too)
0 Kudos