Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
nemesis
New Contributor
New Contributor

Add VPN router to Optus FTTN set up

Hi,

I've added a Netgear R7000P to my Optus set up with a Fast5366lte-a, via Cat6 plugged into a LAN port of the Optus modem/router and the WIFI port of the R7000P.  What I've found is that the speed of the VPN router is no greater than 14MB/s where as on the Fast5366lte-a it's around 50MB/s.  Has anyone else had any experience with this sort of thing and is there a way to improve the speed from the VPN router?

Cheers

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Aman_YC

Re: Add VPN router to Optus FTTN set up

Hi @nemesis, thanks for reaching out to us here. 

Since you have added a non Optus device  linked to Optus router we have limited support.

You can certainly try and view our online guide on how to improve your Wi-Fi signal here .

If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team via the messaging service to assist you further.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then Optus on Facebook or on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Add VPN router to Optus FTTN set up

Are you getting the slow speeds only when VPN is enabled or when it is disabled as well? 

If its slow only with VPN enabled then you may have an change your MTU settings in your R7000P.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors