Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
Highlighted
New Contributor Cindy11
New Contributor

Activating new prepaid broadband sim PPACT-SIMVAL-0008

Hi I recently bought the $30 Prepaid Mobile Broadband SIM Starter Kit. I am not previously an Optus customer so I do not have a my account. When I tried to activate my sim, it gave me this error: PPACT-SIMVAL-0008. I tried calling the support number but it said the office was closed. My order number is PR047021. I was not asked to create an Optus account when I ordered the SIM card I think. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Re: Activating new prepaid broadband sim PPACT-SIMVAL-0008

Hey @Cindy11 - I'd suggest getting in touch with our Prepaid activation team via live chat here. They would be the best to talk to with regards to this issue. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Juniormk
New Contributor

I have the same problem. The first time I got this message I talked to live chat. And the agent told me to wait for 4 hours and then try again. But still didn't work. And the next day I went to a optus store the staff also couldn't solve my problem. He only gave me a replacement sim card and told me to talk to live chat or call customer service. And ask them to activate it and transfer the credit into the new sim card... 

And the live chat is never online !!!

What a hassle !! 

Anyone here can help?

Really frustrating. 😠😠😠😠😠😠

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Sorry for the late reply, @Juniormk. Do you still need help with this?  If not, then please contact us  Here to discuss with one of our agents so that we can help with SIM activation. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos