cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor lucas95souzza
New Contributor

Activate My New Sim

I trying to activate my new sim but didn't work. I went to the website to active but always the display shows"SIM number entered has been locked. A valid SIM is required to continue activation. PPACT-SIMVAL-0012".So how can I active my sim?  I tried to call but the guy said that he can not do anything just wait.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Re: Activate My New Sim

Oh dear, lucas95souzza 😞 Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. Has this since been sorted out? Was this for a Pre or Postpaid service? 

Keep us posted.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor theyak
New Contributor

Just tried to activate my sim for postpaid and got this error message see below. Thought this problem had been sorted out long ago. Poor show Optus!

: PPACT-SIMVAL-0012

RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Sounds really odd theyak! Have you been able to get your SIM activated okay as yet? Was it a new service, replacement SIM or a ported in number? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Mizan
New Contributor

Hi, I am having the same problem. I have spent almost 4 hours speaking to different people in the customer service but still I cannot use my phone. Very very frustrated with this. I went to the store but they cannot do anything as I bought it online. Poor optus!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hey @Mizan, if this was purchased online, you can speak with Sales Support on 1300300562. There may be a hardware fault with the SIM. If you ask them to activate the service on their end, you should then be able to get a replacement from a store as opposed to waiting for a new delivery.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos