Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Accounting issue with Broadband

I am having accoutning issues with my broadband.  

OVer 6 months ago while on a chat - an optus rep added my home phone/broadband to my Optus online account.

Since then I have NO notiifcation of when an account is due.

NO way to report the bill has been paid as it errors.

So no paper accounts and no way to know when account is due except if I keep trying the "view latest bill" which doesn't seem to get updated till after the account is overdue and $15 added to the bill.

I have chated numerous time ot optus support and numerous times on the phone.

The support peopel just don't get what I'm up against.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

Should I just go to the Telecommunication Ombudsman as I just can't get any assitnace to fix the issue?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Accounting issue with Broadband

Your monthly bill is $100ish?

Things you can do on your end: 

1) Set up a direct debit or,

2) Put $120 into your account ahead of time. Then just keep paying your expected bill as normal. That should avoid the late fee and you can then review the bill and challange any errors when you do get it.

Things you can rely on others for:

Write (don't email or call) a letter to Optus complaints. Detail the issue and request the late fees be refunded. If they can't or don't respond then yes, make a submition to the TIO - Optus have a responsibility to provide a paper invoice (or electronic one if you agree) in a timely manner.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Accounting issue with Broadband

Hi @ilikebundy, can understand that this would be infuriating to say the least 😞 

We would be more than happy to look into what's going on for you, please PM me with your account number full name and DOB.

Alternatively, you can chat with our Billing team directly via Live Chat HERE

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos