cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Account

I recently signed up with Aussie Broadband for my NBN after being with optus for many years and every time I phone optus to notify them that I want my ADSL and phone canceled with optus I'm told be ansering machine there is a 30min wait untill the next operator can take my call and cannot seem to find any option online to do the same.

I also received a returned addressed post bag from optus delivered to my house that I'm not sure what it's for, I'm guessing it's for the returne of the fetch TV box but I'm not sure

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Account

Suggest you use the online LIVECHAT. Just request that you want to close an account and they can arrange it.

The bag is for the Fetch TV (the fact you have it suggests they have already been notified you have closed your account)

The Fetch Box is only leased (not owned) by you. If you don't return it shortly then you will be billed $250 (you still don't own it apparently but I've not heard of Optus wanting it back after that). Call the courier company to come and pick it up from you when you're ready.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Ok thanks,  The courier that dropped the bad off was from Startrack but the bag has TOLL on it and address to toll globlal logistics and the only bit of paperwork that came with it has optus mobile Pty Ltd and some optus reference numbers and says Toll priority satchel exchanges and thats all so I have no idea what it's for.

Also the fetch TV box it way to big to fit inside the satckel unless I the fetch out of the box and put it and the other stuff in the sachel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

You need to call TOLL and arrange them to pick up. Record the numbers put the PVR and the remote in the sachel (no need to include the box. Cables are optional.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yes have already arranged for the fetch TV to be picked up by Toll Monday.

0 Kudos