Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
jacek
New Contributor
New Contributor

Account overcharge

I am being overcharged approximately $12 per month on a broadband account. I have spent hours on the phone and was promised that the account would be rectified but incorrect bills keep coming. I keep paying the agreed amount.   Is transfer to a competing telco an answer or a resolution via ombudsman any ideas ??

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Account overcharge

@jacek 
Have you tried going to an Optus Store?
Is there an item in the bill breakdown that is the difference?
Did you change plans?

From the Optus Critical Information Summary for Optus Wireless Broadband

"Plan changes If you are on a 24-month plan, you can change your plan during your contract term to another 24-month Optus Wireless Broadband plan provided you move to a plan with a higher monthly access fee. You cannot change your plan during the contract term to a plan with the same or lower monthly access fee. If you change your plan during the contract term a fee may apply and any device repayments will remain the same. If you are on a month-to-month plan, you can change your plan to another month-to-month Optus Wireless Broadband or My Mobile Broadband Plus plan once per month"

You can write to

Optus Customer Relations Group PO Box 306 Salisbury South 5106

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
jacek
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Account overcharge

I finished up calling Optus and seem to have resolved the overcharging problem. although the presentation of Optus bills needs a phd in accounting to understand.  Hope the matter has been put to bed but will know in months time when i get my next bill.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors