cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor bijay
New Contributor

Re: Account cancellation

Hi I was trying to reach you guys but its very hard. so,I am writing to cancel my account as soon as possible.i just Connect at 1st of this month.And its legal to cancel with in 28 working days if the custumer is not happy right?And I am not happy with the internet service.so,I am going back to my previous provider.thank you.

*personal information hidden*

reply me in my email address.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Hi BiJay,

You have just posted almost everything needed to access your bank account on a public forum. A hacker would now just check your mailbox (Unit 210?). Please EDIT your post and remove personal details.

Note that public forums will never be acted on by Optus staff. Privacy laws prevent accessing your account without you being actually in touch. Try LIVECHAT or FACEBOOK or the Optus Mobile App.

As to cancelling there is nothing about 28 working days. If you do cancel you may be liable for exit fees of several $100. You have signed a contract with Optus and you need to treat it seriously. Use the proper channels to discus your closing the account down.

Peter Gillespie

New Contributor Jill2320
New Contributor

I have tried many times on the phone and by sending emails to Optus.  I have listed on my account a broadband internet account which uses megabites and it was not installed properly and was cancelled back in June.  Optus are not charging for this account but why cant it be deleted from my account and how come it shows it is using megabytes but I dont have a broadband internet.  I have wifi dongle, mobile phone and home phone.  Could someone explain why this broadband internet cant be taken off my account?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi there Jill2320,

I'm afraid we don't have visibility of customer accounts here on Yes Crowd.

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Chat with us  

Let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor papadoc
New Contributor

useless information: no option to close account via email

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi papadoc,

Please Message Us here or from your My Optus app under the Help menu for assistance with this.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos