Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor GoodbyeOptus
New Contributor

Account cancellation

I want to cancel my Optus home broadband (Cable/HFC) account.  This should not be a difficult thing to do. 

However, I had absolutely no luck navigating the.. seriously, 8 levels of menu-options?? when calling 133937.  Eventually the (still automated) phone system told me to just visit the optus website.  I wound up managing to get an account created on the "optuszoo" account-management site, but there is no option to cancel my account..???

Make this right, Optus.  Cancel my account, because I'm not interested in continuing to pay for something I no longer use.  I sincerely doubt that it is legal for you to NOT provide a reasonable means to cancel an account.  I don't particularly view having to post on this "yescrowd" forum as reasonable.

13 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Account cancellation

Optus do seem to have buried the cancel option pretty deep. 

The instructions suggest it should be the first option you get when you phone them. 

Instead its 133937 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 1 - [Home Phone No] - 1 - 5 - 3 - Operator.

Alternatively I would suggest LIVECHAT, they're around 24/7 and should punt you to the Retentions Department which will handle the closing of an account.

In fairness, most Optus customers are on complex contracts and ending the relationship isn't as simple as just pressing a button and notifying them. There's often penalty fees and equipment to get returned.

SUre its not front and centre but have another tilt at the windmill during office hours.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Hi @GoodbyeOptus, further to @petergdownload's suggestion, you can locate our LiveChat team here.

New Contributor GoodbyeOptus
New Contributor

Hi Peter,

LIVECHAT worked a charm, thanks for the suggestion 🙂

Regards,

James

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Glad to hear you got it sorted with our Live Chat team, @GoodbyeOptus. Do reach out if you have any further queries 🙂

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor nothappy42
New Contributor

Optus have become one of the worst companies i ever dealt with. I transfered from telstra some time ago and wish i didnt. Worst coverage ever. Worst customer service ever. Now all i want to do is cancel my cable braodband and cant even do that. All live chat systems arent working. I want this sorted asap. ive never been so unhappy. I have spent hours and hours and hours on hold over the last couple of weeks trying to sort various things including me wanting to purchase a new ipad whic i have sice done direct through Apple because optus was so hopeless. Who lets customers stand in a stire for 30 mins without being served???????????? Someone contact me about this please. I want my internet cancelled.

Occasional Contributor not_satisfied
Occasional Contributor

I kept getting disconnected mid-conversation.

I feel for you but Im not sure whats worse...

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@nothappy42, I'm sorry things haven't worked out.

I'm happy to try and help with this one. 

if you could forward your account details across via private messenger, that'd be great.

I'm after your full name, DOB and account number. You'll just need to follow the URL I've linked below:

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor byebyebye
New Contributor

Hey, I'm having this same problem. Can't cancel and can't get through on the phone and the live chat isn't working. Please help me cancel!!!

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

If you can't get it done on the phone or live chat then send it in writing and keep a copy.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos