Searching...
Highlighted

Account Closure - HELP IT SEEMS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO DO?

Slartibartfast

I am in an area where Optus have closed the cable service to make way for the NBN.  1 month before the network closure I have signed up with a new provider.  I have used the chat windows and was told that once my phone number was changed the account would close (I have a transcript as evidence).  

However, I am still getting bills and the fees for a service not provided are racking up 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CLOSE MY ACCOUNT!

I have tried again to chat but all are busy and the phone lines are now closed.

WHY CAN I NOT SEND YOU AN EMAIL TO CLOSE MY ACCOUT. WHY DO OPTUS MAKE IT SO HARD TO STOP A SERVICE. 

Re: Account Closure - HELP IT SEEMS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO DO?

Ray_YC

How long has your number been active with the new provider?

This is not something that we can assist with here on the forum.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please chat with us.
If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.
Let us know how you go. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Account Closure - HELP IT SEEMS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO DO?

Slartibartfast

I tried chatting aging and this time I was told your systems were down and I should try again in 24Hrs.  What an terrible service.

I have now raised a formal complaint.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
78 Kudos
52 Kudos
42 Kudos
31 Kudos