Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
geom
Contributor
Contributor

Accessing Member Services to Create a Secondary Email Account

The process I took to create a secondary email account WITHOUT success:

Log-in to Optusnet. Go to My Account - search it and no, there is nothing there about creating a secondary email account. Go to Member Services (where we used to go once upon a time). This site appears to be dead. The message is as follows:

This site can’t be reached
Check if there is a typo in idp.optusnet.com.au.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

That is as far as one can go. No actual useful information in YesCrowd as everyone who has asked the question does not appear to have had their question answered. Well, I read them all and no resolution. So it is very simple: WHERE DO I GO TO CREATE AN SECONDARY EMAIL ACCOUNT? And before answering, please check that the URL links are active and accessible.  Once upon a time, one went to Member Services and attended to their Account there. AND, there is no function  in the YES app for this either!

And, trying to speak to a human being is 90% impossible. So we're perpetually stuck in limbo with the wonder of the Optus technology which is meant to be easy not hard. So, if anyone can actually help with clear directions and links, that would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Accessing Member Services to Create a Secondary Email Account

From what I understand Optus have shown no interest in members email and subsequently nothing has replaced the old self service portal they once had. I know from my own experience that anything related to my Optus email account or Optus web space had to be done through regular telephone support.

0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Hi @  GEOM - apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

To set up secondary email, this can only be done by our staff as its requires to update some system  and account  details.

For this please, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then Optus on Facebook or on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
geom
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Yeldarb. That's what I thought too.

0 Kudos
geom
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Arman. Unfortunately, messaging via the Optus App is a frustrating experience. Once we get past the robot, there is an unacceptable wit time before we're connected with a human being. My last experience took over three hours for a response and by that time it was after midnight. So really, all these ridiculous supposed support services are a sheer waste of people's valuable time. Most people require immediate attention which Optus is not delivering.

I simply won't bother with a secondary account - we have other options such as GMail, etc.

Thanks for your response anyway.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors