cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Access Denied

Hi everyone nice to meet you all,

I'm brand new to the Optus forum but at home here in Ringwood Melbourne I'm using Optus Fetch and Netflix on the TV side, Optus broadband on the internet. I own a media consultancy business (commercial radio programming) there we only use Telstra.
Laptops both at home and business, only Acer is used, our weapons of choice and will continue to be so as I swear by them, early days we used Toshiba but found them to be about as useful as rubber lips on a Woodpecker, for us anyway and all are Windows 10 platform.

I purchase a lot of men's business wear online such as brand suits etc from the USA or London. One company I deal with a lot is a US based and well respected one in Texas called The Men's Wearhouse. Their web page worked fine via the Optus ISP we are assigned here in Ringwood, but this problem has appeared just prior to Christmas, before then it was fine.
I get their emails for sale alerts which also are fine, but when I go to access the web page from home and it's ISP or Gateway it goes though I get this EVERY time, this occurs no matter if you use the email link or straight from Google.

There's nothing wrong with their page itself as it opens on Telstra at work just fine, also on a friends computer on the other side of town who uses Optus as well. I can even take a home based Acer laptop to either of those with no problem, hence it can't be the computer. It appears as follows but again, ONLY on this ISP/Gateway from home;

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.menswearhouse.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.bdc2ce17.1520144925.27c4987

I'll also include how the connection box in Network & Internet Settings is showing up now as I type;

OPTUS VAC A4A8 (Secured)
Borjak (Secured)
Fan WIFI (Open)
Telstra B0866C (Secured)
Telstra Air (Open)

It has me and others “Snookered” so would anyone have any ideas what is causing this? Any feedback or solution would be much appreciated.

Thanking you,
Boss Jock

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Access Denied

Hi Jock and welcome to the forum. I must be having a blonde moment mate as I read your post twice and I'm still not sure what the question is.

The permission error would most likely be on their end as I'm getting the same error on Telstra myself. If that answer had nothing to do with your question I'll go back to my soy latte and steamed dim sims and deny I was ever here.

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Access Denied

Thanks Mate,
It seems it may be on their end as my friend tried tonight on his different ISP and got the "Access Denied" thing now.
Many thanks for your help.
Cheers,

Boss Jock

0 Kudos