cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

ADSL2+ activation

Hi

Just wanna lay my complain on optus services. As an existing customer one would have thought that they’d prioritise their customers to make their experience easier and better. I moved house since March 14th,2018 before then I contacted optus as I had a cable account with them.Was told that the only service at my new address was ADSL2+..however , I didn’t realise that I made a mistake on my house unit number(totally agree it’s my fault) . I called back to reschedule the date of the installation and was told It’s on the 29th of March and was told that I would be sent a confirmation text of the scheduled date . Never received any email nor sms of the said confirmation . Decided to give them a call to confirm, to my greatest surprise I was told that the installation date was 23/03/18 instead of 29/03/18 which made me happy at least I was gonna have Internet earlier than expected although I didn’t receive any confirmation sms or email .

Few days to the installation I called to confirm but was shock that it was on the 29/03/18 as I was told earlier but this time I made sure I was given a reference number along with an sms to confirm the date. Due to the inconsistency of optus services , I decided to call on the 28/03/18 a day before the installation date . Then I was shock that they had again changed the date to 3/04/18 without contacting me . I was so disappointed as this meant that we would have to stay all through the long Easter holiday without a wifi. My wife and I had to incite additional charges with our mobile provider as we exceeded our data usage. My recent experience with optus has been poor , their customer service team is inconsistent and totally incompetent.

Finally , I received my wifi yesterday been the 3/04/18 and was told that the installation was done on same day but needed to wait for sms for the activation of the wifi. Waited all night and not text came through . Decided to call the customer support team and he tried activating over the phone which didn’t work . Now I’m being told to wait for 48 hrs for the wifi to be activated. Showing my frustrations , i decided to speak with a supervisor and was declined to speak with any. Currently I have no house internet even on my phone to keep up with my job as I need to work from home most times .The worst part of it is that the agent suggested that I could cancel the order ( after waiting for almost a month and after incurring more charges ). Am like this is absolute joke. Now I have to wait for 2 days added to the weeks I’ve waited already .

i won’t advise anyone to get optus becaus of their manner of service and little sympathy to their customers. I’m left in frustration without wifi for several weeks meaning my job will suffer.

I really hope someone can help me with any suggestions On how to go about this all .

thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: ADSL2+ activation

Hi @Austine_omens,

That does seem pretty poor. Unfortunately (fortunately?) its likely you just have to wait a little longer for the activation to complete. Its probably unlikely anything anyone can do at Optus would make it faster than the two days. 

You might like to consider wireless broadband as an option. Same speed as ADSL2+ and instant setup. 

What postcode are you in?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey Peter ,

Thanks for your reply .. my post code if 2192 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

So you could try something like Vivid Wireless (12Mbps speed = ADSL)

Also if your data needs are less than 100Gb or so a month you could just get a 4G mobile phone plan.

I couldn't see any fixed wireless operators in your area but you might like to do some more looking around.

Hopefully the announcement by the NBN of the HFC situation will happen next week and we might see cable coming soon.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Austine_omens, I replied to thread → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/Optus-complaints-email-address/m-p/409721#M11727.

When you get around to it, send us a PM and I'll help out 🙂 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos