Searching...

ADSL2+ No Internet Light

lcampbell

Hi, 

have recently tried to set up an ADSL2+ modem and after going through all of the troubleshooting options multiple times, as well as turning the modem on and off again multiple times as well, the internet light does not appear to be lit. The DSL light flashes, and the WiFi light is on (not flashing, solid green light) but no Internet light turns on. 

Can connect to modem, cannot connect to internet. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Re: ADSL2+ No Internet Light

Yeldarb

Hmm a flashing dsl light normally means an issue with the connection. Has Optus told you the line has been setup for dsl and are sure you have the line filters around the correct way? 

lcampbell

When I called to check if the service was available for me, I was assured that we had an active phone line and therefore could use an ADSL2+ service. 

However, when I check on the Telstra website, they say that my current address is not available for any wired broadband service. Not sure if this might be part of the issue. 

Thanks for your advice! 

Highlighted

Yeldarb

Yes I understand you have an active phone line however it needs to be setup or provisioned for the adsl service. The dsl light should be solid I believe. I would jump on the live chat link below and ask support if your phone line is ready for the adsl service.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
50 Kudos
45 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos