Searching...

ADSL service slow down

Angry2913

Im on ADSL2+. NO cable or NBN availalbe in my area. Used ot get 15Mps download spped and 0.75Mps upload speed. Since changing to the $60 pm unlimited data plan, Download speed has now dropped to 6Mps download and 0.3Mps upload and connection is droping out frequently for just a second or so but enough to disconnect me if Im on internet banking. Optus support claim no problem with my line and that I should accept slow speed as they sold this plan on the basis of "up to" 20Mps download and 0.8 Mps upload. Have got independent telco technician to check filter which is working well. Problems persist even when modem connected directly to phone line socket. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and I cannot seem to get Optus support to assist!!!!!

Re: ADSL service slow down

AlexRH

Oh no Smiley Sad Sorry to hear that you've had this kind of trouble with your speed!

Are you still needing a hand with this? If that's the case, can you please PM me with your username/account number so I can run a few tests? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Angry2913

No problem still persist.

Tech Support promised to contact excalate it and that someone would contact me to discuss my problem. So far I havent heard back from anyone!!!! Hopeless Tech support who refuse to listen to my prolbem and hwo are only interest to tell me that there is no problem with the Optus line!!!

<removed for privacy> 

By the way, I spent money to get an independnet telecomunications technician to check my filter and connect modem directly to the DLS line. No change. Technician confirms that there is no issue with the line on my end.

AlexRH

Just a heads up, I've removed your details to protect your privacy.

Can you please PM me through this link so we can discuss this further and look into what's going on for you? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
72 Kudos
50 Kudos
40 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos