Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor oldsalty8
Occasional Contributor

ADSL new connection trouble

Hey

I'm a new Optus ADSL2 customer. Took the day off work (Thursday) to take delivery of new modem and connect service. Modem arrived, I connected everything, no issues. Internet light on modem would not come on. Rang tech support, was hung up on twice, finally got through. After 2 hours tech support asks me to plug in a landline telephone (I don't have one). Drive to shops, spend $40 on a landline phone, plug it in, call back, spend an hour on hold. New tech guys runs some tests (supposedly). Tells me there is an issue with the phone line and that he'll call me back. Relieve a text message saying a prioity fault technician will arrive at my apartment between 12pm-5pm the nxt day. Take another half day off work. No one arrives. Call tech support, go through the same garbage as before. Finally he tells me that I might be connected in 48 business hours (it's Friday afternoon). To say I'm not very stoked would be an understatement. Anyone see has dramas like this? 

😞 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Re: ADSL new connection trouble

Hi @oldsalty8 - wow! Sounds like you've been given quite the run around here 😞 Were you given in fault reference numbers in relation to this issue? Let's see if theres anything we can do to speed this up from our end. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Shauna, was given ref number 17260558. Still no internet, nor have I heard from anyone. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Soo.... nothing? 

πŸ˜’

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Hey @oldsalty8 I've just checked out the fault number and there's been no updates yet sorry 😞 Looks like they're still investigating the cause.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the update @JordanOptus, any idea when you guys might be able to get to it? I'm pretty keen to have some internet access

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator

Unfortunately I don't have the right access to our faults system to see what's going on or what they're doing 😞 Can only wait for their updates with the reference number sorry.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

OK... I guess I'll just have to wait until they have someone to get to it..? Is it common for it to take this long? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator

Honestly, the timeframes can vary so much depending on what the issue is πŸ˜• I've seen some faults get fixed within the day and I've seen others take months 😞 Generally speaking though, I tend to find that most faults are resolved within about 5 - 10 business days. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Months!? Smiley Indifferent

Would it be easier to go with a different provider? 

0 Kudos