Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

ADSL modem freezing with all lights on except fibre and wifi

Can anyone help. I tried to reset my modem as my internet had dropped out and when I reset the modem as I always do all of the lights on the modem except the fibre light and wifi light were on and just stayed like that. I tried to factory reset the modem but there is no response. 

Im considering changing from Optus as I have had nothing but trouble since I had the internet installed just over 12 months ago and sat on hold for nearly an hour this morning 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: ADSL modem freezing with all lights on except fibre and wifi

Hi @Reece_T88, I'm really sorry to hear that this has occurred with your modem 😞 Especially on a long weekend! 
What you're describing does sound like there's a fault with the hardware itself.

Have you since been able to get in touch with our Faults team? You can also reach us via Live Chat here.

Please let us know if you still need a hand with this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @AlexRH. Yes I have managed to get in touch with the tech team and they are coming out to look in my apartment on Wednesday 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

That's great to hear! 

Hope you've had a great long weekend, we're here if you need a hand with anything else 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @AlexRH. I just thought I would let you know I had to take half a day off work and was told that the technician would be at my appartment from12-5. It is now 5:05 and he has not turnt up and I am at a loss now due to taking this time off work. I have Telstra coming to fit WORKING internet in a few days 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Do you have the fault reference number for this one @Reece_T88. I'll check to see if there's been an update.

Did we confirm that you'd need to be there on the day of the appointment?

The technician usually goes out to the MDF (inside the communications room of the building).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos