cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

ADSL 2+

From the 14th dec I have not had my unlimited broadband service that I have been paying for. I’m getting the run around even with the management team assigned to the case, I have also escalated it with the TIO. I keep getting an Indian call centre and it’s making it worse even though I have requested several times to speak with an Australian or someone who actually knows what they are doing who doesn’t have an Indian accent. So far I have configured/set up my modem a million times despite the lack of assistance I have been provided and apparently the fault has been fixed (highly doubt it). I hate repeating myself at the best of times and as such I have exploded at them for their lack of service. All I want is an exact answer to what the problem is and for it to be properly fixed because I have done all I can on my end

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: ADSL 2+

We can't really say what the problem is, as most of your post is a complaint about how the call centre is offshore.

What modem are you using?

Does your modem get ADSL2 sync?

Are you using the correct username/password inside your modem? 

Have you tried another modem? 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

8589758A-9470-4063-991E-C8D916298F77.pngModem: sagemcom

sync: fail

I haven’t changed the Optusnet login and password

The modem wouldn’t be the issue seeing as though I lost signal from Optus the same day a technician checked the line and “fixed the fault” and considering I can get into the modem from any of the devices that are associated with the modem and everything in there is still as untouched as the day I received the modem (as I’m not that knowledgeable so I steer away from modifying the advanced setup) considering it is still reasonably new (possibly out of warranty though). 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

The fact you have no DSL sync, report this to Optus as “no sync” fault. 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Apparently there is nothing they can do on their end despite the many times I have said and shouted that it doesn’t ping ergo doesn’t sync because without sync there is no ping. Hence the incompetence of those I have dealt with the last (soon to be) week. Not to mention the amount of times I have sent this and similar pics and screenshots the the social media teams  and yet nothing at all

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Sorry but that’s absolute crap, if you have no sync they need to report it and get the engineers to investigate why.

it may require a tech to come out and check the phone line. Does the bundled phone service work? 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I know, that’s why I was getting hostile with the Indians I was dealing with.

apparently a tech was sent out but only checked the line and not the in line, it also didn’t help that they gave the tech an old phone number.

That’s where this gets very tricky, it’s naked adsl and no there is no landline laying about as I thoroughly searched the place when I got the plan

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I didn’t think Optus sold naked DSL.

The issue with naked is, a tech not doing their job properly will come for a fault. Notice that “oh vacant pair with no dial or voltage” and take it for the fault. This then terminated your service between the pillar and the exchange for your DSL. This giving you no sync... 

Basically it needs Optus to raise a Telstra wholesale fault for “NoSync” and allocate it out. However, do you live in an apartment or a building where there is a “comms room” or “MDF”? Because that’ll make it more tricky. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Well I wanted naked because I don’t want a home phone when I have a perfect,y capable mobile with Optus 🤷🏻‍♀️ But I suppose it could be possible it’s not as I don’t have a home phone to test that theory

Nah I have a house in a street but that street isn’t the typical street as I have a major road on my doorstep and the driveway is in between the 2 front houses.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I understand why, however Optus don’t sell naked ADSL. They sell a bundled service.

Borrow a friends landline and connect it, if you get noise or no dial tone, this explains why your DSL isn’t working. Push Optus to fix that side first because they have to repair it within 2 days or face penalties from CSG payments. Don’t mention the DSL, simply advice “I have no dial tone on my home phone”, and once that’s fixed then I would suspect that the DSL repairs itself. 

0 Kudos