Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
gunner8911
New Contributor
New Contributor

ADSL 2 - Internet Speed is too slow

Can I terminate the contract with Optus without penalty if my internet speed is to slow? i.e. 2.65Mbps for download and 0.66Mbps for upload. When I called Optus, the technician said that my address was 3Km away from the connection point! and he could not do anything about it. When I signed the contract, I would expect the internet speed fast enough to watch EPL and surf the internet at the same time. Now, I hardly perform both at the same time! Why didn't they tell me in the first place that my internet would be low as this speed! Very disappointed!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tano
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: ADSL 2 - Internet Speed is too slow

Hi @gunner8911, sorry to hear about your internet troubles 😞 Have you run through any of our troubleshooting steps and network optimisation to see if this improves things for you? We could help run through some options to assist in getting those speeds up, however I understand that with already having had a technician come out, you may feel it's time to consider your options. If you're at that stage, you can get in touch with our Retention Team on 1300555241, and you can discuss your options moving forward.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
peterseaford
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: ADSL 2 - Internet Speed is too slow

Your story is my story as well and having tried for years to get help from Optus I have a solution

as soon as nbn is available I will cancel my phone, fetch and adsl with Optus straight away

we joined Optus when they first started and have never had any help or support from them - it takes hours to try and speak to them so a clean break will be good

we pay $110 per month and the internet is a joke and 4.2 mbps down and .66 mbps up and our modem is purchased from Optus in an attempt to fix things  -  my grand children think it’s rediculous that we have constant buffering 

counting the days till we can say bye bye to Optus so would like to ask how we do it apart from cancelling our direct debit arrangement

0 Kudos
Top Contributors