Searching...

Re: AC800S constantly restarting

wlolold

None I’ve tried myself. I’m waiting to get this junk refunded before buying another one. But I was looking at an unlocked Telstra M1 which is also a Netgear modem. Telstra just released a couple of new Cat 16 models as well which are very dear. You can find a lot of used M1 on gumtree for cheap. I talked to a telstra rep and he said none of their post paid devices are locked and M1 is only available on post paid with Telstra. It supports the usual bands except 40 (2300mhz) but you’ll still have 700, 1800, 2100 and 2600 for Optus 4G plus network.

Again I haven’t tried any of the above myself. Please post here if you try anything that works 

Rez79
I have exactly the same problem started recently, I got them modem 8 months back it was fine at the beginning but now has this issue, I have the latest crap firmware from Optus. Optus should solve this otherwise we can seek a class action and also chase the issue through ACCC and other legal authorities, I am sure solving the issue properly will cost less for Optus and us, but it is Optus call, so frustrating, will never buy from Optus. Cheers,

Rez79

I have exactly the same problem started recently, I got them modem 8 months back it was fine at the beginning but now has this issue, I have the latest crap firmware from Optus. Optus should solve this otherwise we can seek a class action and also chase the issue through ACCC and other legal authorities, I am sure solving the issue properly will cost less for Optus and us, but it is Optus call, so frustrating, will never buy from Optus. Cheers,

Dan_C

Can I get you guys to send us a private message with your details?

I need as many customers details as possible. If I can collate enough examples, I should be able to escalate this one as a matter of urgency. 

I need name, DOB and mobile broadband service number.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

krunchy

I've reached the maximum private messages I can send. Which is zero. Zero is how many I've sent. Smh. 

krunchy

Sent. Let's see if this lip service goes anywhere. 

JayArrgh

@Dan_C

I believe that if Optus actually cared about this problem, and their customers, this would have been fixed already!

That you need to, or feel the need - to show that a significant number of customers are experiencing & complaining about a problem that makes this product virtually unusable - in order to justify action to resolve it, is very sad!!!

Especially when you consider that this faulty product is still on sale in Optus stores!!!!!!!

If you really can help, it's best you communicate in the new thread rather that this one which has been incorrectly marked as solved - https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/AC800S-STILL-constantly-restarting/m-p/483485#M...

wlolold

@Dan_C

Mate, either you or one of your colleagues ‘escalated’ my case only to tell me that your system shows that I’ve been connected to 4G network for the last five days and so they can’t offer me a refund. And somehow I have a video of the modem disconnecting 5 times in under 2 minutes on the same day he told me that.

This modem for whatever reason is unstable. Offer a recall so at least we can get refund  and find another solution without having to contact TIO. I work for a living and don’t have time to keep on this issue 24/7.

krunchy

Yep. Now he has taken our details watch while nothing happens. Next week I am calling the ombudsman. This is a joke. 

Ya got a week mate. Just tell us - are you going to fix it, or not? Do I persist and wait for a firmware update, or do I take it back and demand a refund. If you say no to that obviously it's straight to ombudsman and then fair trading if necessary. 

krunchy

Anyone get a result yet? This issue is getting stupid. Gonna look at taking this wretched thing back to the optus store and getting something else. I can tether if there is downtime. I am tethering most of the time anyway cause the restarts mess with my work. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
66 Kudos
41 Kudos
32 Kudos
31 Kudos
18 Kudos