cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor BluedogJohnR
Occasional Contributor

Re: AC800S constantly restarting

I had the restarting issue with the AC800 12 moths ago and by updating to the Optus latest firmware, it may only restart about once in a month. Make sure that you successfully perform the install. You will find it is stable. I find that it works at about 20 mbs download and upload is sometimes faster and sometimes slower, but always better than the ADSL 2+ service. I would recommend it. I gave up trying to get NBN as it was not active even after NBNCo told me several times that it was. 

0 Kudos
Contributor krunchy
Contributor

Mine is up to date and has restarted several times today. I'm glad your issue is resolved though. Ours isn't. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor wlolold
Occasional Contributor

I check for updates almost daily and the last one that came out months ago did nothing to resolve the restarting issue for me. 

Optus is busy with 4.5G rollout and upcoming 5G and there will probably be new devices coming out soon which explains absence of new firmware for this expensive junk. Maybe they are just ignoring the issue until they can offer another modem as replacement. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor fatrod
New Contributor

So I just signed up to a 200gb plan and bought the AC800S outright.

POS restarts constantly. Sometimes it's quickly, like every 30 seconds, sometimes it lasts 15 minutes.

My god what a piece of crap.

Optus you MUST do something about this. Why was I even allowed to buy this thing? Why are you still selling it!?

0 Kudos
Contributor krunchy
Contributor

Yep. Welcome to the party mate. Glad you posted here. Optus are actively ignoring this. I keep posting this link to their social page and they keep avoiding it. They are a joke. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Love ‘actively ignoring’ lol 

such an apt oxymoron! Trademark it before Optus marketing gets a wind of it. “Actively ignoring Australia since 1981!”

Contributor Consik
Contributor

Hey guys please take your comments to a new post as they seem to be currently ignoring this post as its marked solved by some random. 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/AC800S-STILL-constantly-restarting/m-p/483485#M...

New Contributor fatrod
New Contributor

Yeh I've got this issue too, and I litteraly just bought the device (form Optus) last week.

I'm extremely frustrated as I signed up for a 200gb plan over 24 months and cancelled my ADSL.

This appears to be a known issue yet Optus are still selling the device!

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I believe you can return it within a certain time period. Check your nearby towers and if they support 1800mhz just get a retail modem. Most modems I’ve checked don’t support 2300mhz (band 40) but any tower that has 2300 also pumps out 1800. Telstra modems also support 1800mhz so just get an unlocked Telstra one and just edit the apn.

One of the moderators here escalated my case and they came back to me and said my modem shows it’s been contacted to 4g for the past few days. Apparently their system doesn’t show disconnects. So he said they can’t refund me. 

I have a video of it restarting 5 times in under 2 minutes which I’m going to send to ombudsman as soon as I get some free time.

Dump it before it’s too late mate.

New Contributor fatrod
New Contributor

Any particular model you would recommend?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors