Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor krunchy
Contributor

Re: AC800S STILL constantly restarting

I'm being basic. I got it 😛 

Locked to B40 now. Interested to see how this goes. I know when it resets cause I am connected with USB - so I hear it make the sad USB disconnect sound. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Ressonance
Occasional Contributor

Hi Consik,

No I didn't lock it to a specific Band but I noticed if I leave it default it seems to connect to B28 as the dominant band but if I exclude B3, it picks B7 but with loss in signal strength. And yeah it's been reset every time after testing.

For completeness sake, I used this command:

at!gband=0000000000000000,0000008008000041

And then verified using at!gstatus? that I wasn't connected to B3 via CA.

So just spoke to the Optus network guy, they're going to try and run some live traces tomorrow when the disconnects happen (luckily they are consistent) so I'm going to leave the modem alone for now till they finish doing so. Will update if anything changes after.

Contributor Consik
Contributor

ok mate. Instead of putting in this command (  at!gband=0000000000000000,0000008000000000  )  and locking it to band 40

put in this command (  at!gband=0000000000000000,0000008008000041  )    and now it will still run CA and will just exclude B3

will get much better speeds then being locked to a single band 

0 Kudos
Contributor Consik
Contributor

@Ressonance

Cool mate sounds like your issue is a little different then ours in terms of the actual device hard restarting each time. But we can add you to the list of another fault with this lemon 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

@Consik

Interesting, so your modems are actually power cycling? I had hoped excluding B3 would solve my issue, but sadly it didn't. Here's hoping Optus manage to find out what's wrong. I have to say though, at least they're trying.

Contributor Consik
Contributor

Yes our modems are hard restarting over and over. It's hard for us to say that optus is trying. Optus is still selling these modems when they is a well documented flaw and have not been doing ANYTHING to fix this issue since the modem has come out. 

Optus is clearly burying thier heads in the sand hoping this problem will go away or we stop complaining while they concentrate on their 5G future modems 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I definitely get where the frustration is coming from. I wonder if it's worth collating people's experiences in a Google Docs or something so that we can give Optus a bit more detailed information (as it does look like there are at least 2 separate issues here, one with the modem physically rebooting/power cycling, and another where the session counter resets and data disconnects/reconnects). The Optus guy did mention that Netgear has told him that they've got hundreds of thousands of devices currently active in AUS on the various networks and they haven't seen this kind of issue before. That said, the Netgear person I talked to this arvo did mention something about trying to develop or see if they already have a logging/debugging tool for the Aircards that isn't the proprietary Qualcomm one that they can release to the public in cases such as these so that they don't have to physically send somone to take a look at the hardware.

Contributor Consik
Contributor

Yes im sure netgear do have hundreds of thousands of modems out there. I personally have the

AirCard 790S Mobile Hotspot

AirCard 810S Mobile Hotspot

And have never had a single issuie with these. The AC800s is made for optus and has been a failure from the start.

If you read back through all the posts on the optus forum you will see optus has tried to talk to us all about it and after 1 phone call and all the promises its radio silence again.

Hopefully you get it sorted mate. Im a little over it now and since iv band locked it i dont have the issue anymore so im not wasting anymore energy dealing with optus.

Good luck 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Funny thing is it happens to both my AC800S and AC810S, I've also got an AC760S and that used to power cycle on heavy load due to thermals maybe? Not sure but yeah it looks like it's not really device specific, and in my case not really network specific, but maybe a combination of both.

New Contributor Steg_Gles
New Contributor

Guys I found the solution. This worked 100% for me:

Step 1) Get refund for AC800s

Step 2) Find Huawei E5186 (or B525) on Gumtree or Ebay for around half the funds that you received back in Step1)

Step 3) Connect sim to your new modem and enjoy no restarts, no dropouts, better range (at the expense of slightly lower speeds - 20-40mb/s as opposed to 50-70mb/s for me personally)

Step 4) Use the remaining cash to buy a Stan/Netflix subscription for almost a year and enjoy

Hope this helps others