cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Ressonance
Occasional Contributor

Re: AC800S STILL constantly restarting

Another update from me, so the Netgear dude came over and tried putting the modem into a sort of debug mode, but that caused the modem to reboot hence resetting the session timer so he'll try coming by again during the weekend when he can spend a bit more time to catch when the modem does its reconnects. He also gave me an Optus prepaid sim to see if maybe it was an issue with the sim card, but at least in my case it made no difference, the modem still disconnected/reconnected after 2.5 hours.

Contributor Consik
Contributor

I'm glad you atleast have somone looking at your device. It's hard to not be negative at this point. 

So this netgear guy was he organised from you calling netgear or through optus somehow? 

I recently manually locked the modem to ignore B3 and this has completly fixed the restarting issue for me. I have lost speed but it's better then constant restarts.

The only way we will ever get a working modem is if optus put out a working firmware update to solve this B3 issue. Netgear will just palm off the issue to optus and optus will blame netgear. 

After reading these forum posts for over a year now iv come to the conclusion that people that don't have this restarting issue are the ones that don't have the spacific carrier aggregation on their tower to cause the restarts. When I take it to my second place that only has B28 there is never any issues. The moment 8 take it to this place that has a strong B3 signal and uses it for Carrier aggregation the issue is back instantly. 

Because I bought this modem outright optus solution for me was to give the modem back to them and wait WEEKS  for them to send it off and see it its faulty and if they can't find anything send the same one back. No refund no replacement nothing. So I should just have no modem for weeks while the Muppets that have been ignoring this problem for a year ignore it again. 

Atleast there is a working fix that has nothing to do with the useless engineers at optus. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

The Optus network guy spoke with Netgear who happened to have someone coming up round my way so they organised to have a look at my device. Excluding B3 doesn't help in my case so I'm not quite sure if it's a network issue or a firmware issue, or maybe it's both and where I'm situated (I've got 3 towers quite close by ~1km but they're in wonky orientations relative to me) plays a role? Who knows, but at least someone is doing something concrete.

Contributor Consik
Contributor

So you have putty or telnet into your device and locked it to a spacific band or excluded B3 on your device? 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I telnet-ed in and excluded B3 from the carrier aggregation. But my modem isn't restarting per-se (as in it isn't power cycling) it's disconnecting and reconnecting to the data thing every 2.5 hours. Maybe my issue isn't exactly the same as what people here are experiencing.

Contributor krunchy
Contributor

I'm having that disconnect issue as well. Basically the gb counter resets and it says it's disconnected. You need to restart it for it to work again.

Been fiddling with telnet. I absolutely hate doing commands. It's giving me an 'error' for some damn reason. Anyone got this one in crayon? I'm in there and the AT!GSTATUS? shows I am on B3 and B40 (twice). 

0 Kudos
Contributor Consik
Contributor

Besides excluding B3 from CA did you try locking it to a spacific band with no CA just to try and see if it stopping the disconnecting. Just to trouble shoot the issue. Did you also reset the modem back to factory default when you seen it didn't help? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor Consik
Contributor

Hi krunchy  are you using putty instead

I can give you a clear guide to help you through it 

0 Kudos
Contributor krunchy
Contributor

I have no idea which commands to use in order to lock it to a band - I tried to use the syntax curlynz offered but it was a bit of a fail. 

I'm guessing I should lock to b40? 

0 Kudos
Contributor Consik
Contributor

ill pm you 

0 Kudos