Searching...

Re: AC800S STILL constantly restarting

JayArrgh

@fatrod

After returning my POS AC800S a while back, I made do with a Note4 for a while.

But last month I signed up to the 200gb plan over 24 months and got a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4.

I'd suggest you go and get them to change you over to the Tablet & use it as a hotspot.

I've been using mobile products for almost 25 years, hell I used to sell phones in the 90's, and the AC800S is the WORST mobile product I have ever encountered. The only useful function it can perform without crashing & restarting is as a powerbank!

JayArrgh

@Paddylee

I believe the problem is related to specific CA (Carrier Aggregation) band combinations. Limiting your device to certain bands has likely eliminated the problematic CA band combination from occurring, thereby avoiding the problem.

Highlighted

Rez79

I have exactly the same problem started recently, I got them modem 8 months back it was fine at the beginning but now has this issue, I have the latest crap firmware from Optus. Optus should solve this otherwise we can seek a class action and also chase the issue through ACCC and other legal authorities, I am sure solving the issue properly will cost less for Optus and us, but it is Optus call, so frustrating, will never buy from Optus. Cheers,

BluedogJohnR

There seems to be a lot of traffic on this topic recently, I have seen where people have been stating that they are up to date, but no mention of their firmware actually is. My AC800s performs extremely well since this level was installed over 6 months ago.

Good luck JohnR

Firmware

Firmware Version: NTG9X40C_11.14.08.33

Firmware Build Date: 2018/03/16

App Version: NTG9X40C_11.14.08.33

Web App Version: AC800S-1OP_03.03.103.168

Bootloader Version: NTG9X40C_11.14.08.33

Hardware Version: 1.0

krunchy

Yep. That's what I got too. Mine restarts a lot. Looks like your area must not use the band that makes the unit restart. 

See, my area does. And seems like many other people do.

Super stoked that yours works though. Where do you live? Maybe I can move there instead of chasing this up to be fixed :-P 

BluedogJohnR

I live in highett 3190

there are multiple towers about, not sure which one I connect to, but I think it changes throughout the day. Sometimes the speed is poor, sometimes it is good, and occasionally it is awesome, over 100mps.. generally it is about 20+mps, better than the ADSL 2+ I had. Good luck to you others getting poor results. 

Steg_Gles

I'm in the same boat. First AC800s (fully up to date with firmware) was randomly restarting very often (on both AC power and battery) so I took it back and Optus replaced it. The new one worked better (I didn't install the update this time and I think it's much more stable) but recently it has started doing the same thing again. If Optus wants to do something about this it'd be much appreciated. $240 is NOT cheap for a modem and I expected it to work much better than an old phone hotspotted. You can't put your head in the sand and keep knowingly sell faulty products that aren't fit for purpose.

krunchy

Mine just restarted twice in about five mins. I lost a post because of it. I am SERIOUSLY losing my patience with this process. I have an old phone I could just hotspot from. It's rubbish to have to do that but apparently when optus says they do one thing (to be fair, this deal is a very good one) they are actually offering a joke of a service. 

GIVE US AN UPDATE

OR GIVE US A REFUND

Aman_B

Hi  @krunchy  - So sorry but we don't have any update on this yet.We have already escalated this and are still waiting. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

krunchy

The reply is appreciated but to be fair we have been waiting for a reply for some time and the only reason (it seems) this got any attention is becuase I repeatedly spammed your facebook page over what must have been a couple months. 

I am thinking tech journos at this point. I mean, they must be pretty bored. I'll see what this guy reckons of it. That might speed up the 'process'. 

https://www.smh.com.au/by/tim-biggs-1071n5

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
48 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos