Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor gtown71
Occasional Contributor

AC800 modem not working on 4G with VPN

Hi

I am having trouble finding answers to be able to use 4G on AC800 modem when connected to PIA VPN. Is ther a work around for this or am I only able to use 3G while using the vpn?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: AC800 modem not working on 4G with VPN

The difference between 3G and 4G is literally how the data is carried through the airwaves, so it shouldn't be making any difference with PIA.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

At the moment it is making a big difference as when the modem is on auto or 4G literally cant load a web page when vpn on (as soon as turn vpn off it starts working) but on 3G it does load web pages. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Are you connecting to the device via WiFi or USB?

Have you enabled VPN pass through?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Sorry showing my noob status here. I have not enabled/disabled anything. I am confused how it works on 3G and not 4G. I have tried it on wifi, i will try it tethered now.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I tried it on tethered mode and it worked for about 5 minutes then stopped. I am in vpn pass through mode.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors