cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

90% capacity message for OptusNet Mailbox

I keep receiving a message from Optus that tells me my mailbox has reached 90% of its capacity and that emails will be returned to sender if I don't clean it out; I have had the internet for years and this has only happened in the last 6 or so months. I have gone into my webmail account and deleted all the trash, sent and inbox items out - not really sure what else to do can, someone please advise?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mailbox

Don't forget to delete mail in the junk or spam folder as that may be what is causing the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yep did that
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

No worries, keep in mind the storage is only 500 MB. If you are using a POP account make sure you have it set to delete messages from the server after a send and receive. If you are using IMAP you may need to rethink your email management as there is not much storage to do anything.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thankyou turned out settings not fight to delete once downloaded
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Cheers! 😀

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

how to delete excess data when I receive the following message of exceeding 90% of data in my email. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @Skenes, thanks for reaching out. Were you referring to email notifications on your data usage? If this was the case, you can delete the content individually or use the marker to tick all the message that you wanted removed.