cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor David_M19
New Contributor

5G modem sim

I'm just wondering if my Sim card needs to be activated as I have no green light.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: 5G modem sim

Hi there, is the central 4G signal indicator red or is the 5G LED?

If the central 4G signal indicator is red and all other lights on your modem are off, follow the steps below: 

1. Switch off your modem and disconnect it from the power outlet

2. Move your modem to a different location 

3. Connect your modem to a power outlet at the new location and switch it on

4. Check the status of the signal lights 

· If the 4G light is still red, you’ll need to reposition your modem

If you've re-positioned your modem and you still can't get a signal, best to contact us to confirm that the SIM has been activated.

Do you have the Optus@Home app? It's really handy for guiding you through the setup. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor samithaf
New Contributor

Well in my case the account wasn't activated. So I had to call tech support to activate it for me. [Today I got the Nokia modem] and tech team advised that it can take up to 24 hours to activate so now waiting till it to get activated.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, okay.

How are things going, are you now up and running? 

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor samithaf
New Contributor

Hi,

Unfortunately no. I am still waiting for Optus team to activate my account and I just call them and they told the ticket is marked as "expedite". While it's unusual to take so long to activate an account, everytime I contact Optus everyone seems supportive and I guess 5G support systems are new and could be a tech glitch some where.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, that's no good.

If possible, could you jump onto Facebook or Twitter and message our Social service team? Link them this thread and one of the guys will send through your info. Our team sits right by our Social team. 

I'm more than happy to go in and take a good look. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor samithaf
New Contributor

Hi,

Just to update the thread. When I got the Nokia device there was a SIM and for some reason IT took a while to activate it (This was on Thursday). Then on Friday while I am coming to work I got another SMS from Optus saying, I am going to get a 5G SIM. So I called Optus help line and operator mentioned that it's a tech issue and ignore the SMS.

However when I went home on Friday there was a SIM in my mail box and I just changed it! That's it and everything started working. Now I am getting around 340 Mbps download speed.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Awesome 🙂  Cheers for the update.

340Mbps! Can't argue with that. 

0 Kudos