Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

5G Setup and connection error

Have followed all prompts and instructions to setup my Nokia 5G Modem. Light remains red. Have assessed nearest 5G tower, less than 400m away, pointing in the correct direction. Tried numerous rooms in my house, different locations. Left on for long periods of time to allow chance to establish connection. No luck.

Been on hold for approximately 90 minutes. Very frustrating.

I can't even ask questions via MyOptus app, or online, or via email or anything. My Optus app not showing my account details.  Absolutely no way to contact.

Optus please get back to me.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: 5G Setup and connection error

Hi Doomicus,

If the central 4G signal indicator is red and all other lights on your modem are off, follow the steps below:

1. Switch off your modem and disconnect it from the power outlet
  2. Move your modem to a different location, try close to a window or a different room
  3. Connect your modem to a power outlet at the new location and switch it on
  4. Check the status of the signal lights: If the 4G light is still red, contact our technical support team. If the 4G light is green and there are no other lights, refer to our steps for troubleshooting poor/no 5G signal
  5. You may have to repeat the cycle several times to find the best location to position your modem
  6. You can rotate or adjust the height of the modem as this may improve the strength of your signal 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Ray_YCI tried those instructions numerous times.

Turns out, after 2.5 hours on hold, that the SIM wasn't activated at Optus' end. I have been told that an IT ticket has been made and it will take 2 or 3 days to fix, guess we will see. Very frustrating that the system/modem/service is sent out, but it's not activated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Today is Saturday 18th April 2020. So it has been 10 days since I first posted here and received my modem. Still no internet and no support actioned.

My SIM is not activated. It wasn't activated upon arrival. The Optus representative who I spoke to on 8th April 2020 lodged an IT service ticket to get my SIM activated. They have still not actioned.

I have spent a total of 4 hours on hold (once on the 8th April and also on 16th April).

Both times, I asked that the customer service representatives call back the following day to give me an update and both times no call back. They both agreed to do so at the time. Very disappointed and quite frankly I think it's very poor customer service.Have wasted my time.

Will give another update if this service even gets activated, let alone if it works at all.

Please call me if any representative reads this, it's completely unreasonable to have no action completed for 10 days.

@Ray_YC 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That does sound extremely frustrating.

I'm afraid we don't have visibility of customer accounts here on this public forum.

We suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter. They do have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries:

· No Broadband connectivity (no access to the internet)

· No Mobile connectivity (can't make or receive calls)

Please note, the team won’t be able to respond right away, but they’ll be with you as soon as they can.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos