Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor DVDW
New Contributor

5G Rollout in Upwey, VIC

Hi there,

I see on the RFNSA website that the approvals for the local tower to 5G (with Optus) is done, do you have a date when this becomes active?

https://www.rfnsa.com.au/embed-public-report-pdf/Z0FBQUFBQmVSY0NYRUhTNW5uSlZXX3JmcGQ2TUE5akxmUVpLM21...

Regards

Darrell

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: 5G Rollout in Upwey, VIC

No harm in asking but I've never seen Optus provide a 5G availability date. YOu can only keep your eye on the published coverage maps. I suspect there will be a fairly big update to them in a month or four.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: 5G Rollout in Upwey, VIC

@DVDW 

Maps have not been updated since 1st November 2019.  
3106004 Doncaster East went live  Mid December-Pre Christmas 2019.
The tower did not show as being 5G n the Optus@Home app till mid to late January 2020.

According to the Optus@Home app I am 520 metres from the tower can get excellent alignment to the tower but according to Optus I do not qualify for 5G.

I am guessing it is because the house is located down a hill with other houses above me and no line of sight to the tower.

My 4G is good a lot better than the NBN, most of the time in the high 100s to 200s when I speed test and do some large downloads,  late at night early morning have been into the 300s. 
I did a test recently downloaded 1GB file in under 3mins from the Office in Clayton after midnight.   

0 Kudos